anybody from Milan over here?

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
need to be there for busines for 2 weeks begin of september.

any intresting places i can go in the evening or go to the weekend?
btw, how are the smoking laws in Italy?

thanx for any info :)

at least in germany we can still smoke in cafés & restaurant right? i was there in july for 2weeks . Just told by a friend that in Italy you cant smoke ANYWHERE. maybe just outside.
I just ask, cause i booked my hotel and they told me its full non smoking building.. wthell... maybe I should quit smoking now :)

Picciotti are watching you

Yup, you can't smoke in public places like restaurans, bars, etc etc, only outside, and if u do anyway smoke in those places i'll come personally to kick your ass :)
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

at least in germany we can still smoke in cafés & restaurant right? i was there in july for 2weeks

No, since 1st August not anymore except in a few states which will catch up in October/January. I hate our f*cking idiotic politicians, with passion.

Smoking law = you cannot smoke inside restaurants, pubs, cinemas, shops, etc etc.
One can only smoke at home or outside a building.

I don't like Milan very much (well, I should say "at all") so apart visiting the landmarks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milano#Landmarks I don't have any options (unless you want to spend your night in a pub or a disco).

In the weekend you could also leave Milan and take a trip to Lago di Como (Lake Como) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lago_di_como

HTH
have fun

thanx Italian friends recommended the como lake already. its either that or Genova :)

yeah smoking sucks for non smokers i know, but for us smoking people .. its just TOO DAM N ADD I CTI VE :devilish:

Addictive or not, I like it and don't want to quit.

And what in heaven's sake is the sense of forbidding smoking in PUBS? That's the place you go to get drunk, smoke etc., that's what it's been invented for. I'm ok with everythig else, but pubs do really hurt. And many small pubs had to close already since there are no guests, many more will close soon. Including my favourite pub, next month it's gone.

Addictive or not, I like it and don't want to quit.

And what in heaven's sake is the sense of forbidding smoking in PUBS? That's the place you go to get drunk, smoke etc., that's what it's been invented for. I'm ok with everythig else, but pubs do really hurt. And many small pubs had to close already since there are no guests, many more will close soon. Including my favourite pub, next month it's gone.

I'm of two minds with regards to pubs and smoking.

One, I hate smoking and smelling cigarrette smoke, but that doesn't mean everybody else feels the same.

I'd hate to force people to work in that situation, but I don't feel its right to force people who don't care not to have the choice. But, then, if you don't force it, do they really have a choice, or is it a 'accept smoke, or don't work as a bartender/waitress'.

Now, for eating establishments, I'm absolutely, positively against smoking.

p.s. here in Austin, we've had no problems with bars closing down. Matter of fact, its led to an explosion of outdoor patios (where smoking is allowed).

And many small pubs had to close already since there are no guests, many more will close soon. Including my favourite pub, next month it's gone.

Interesting, because in Ireland it had zero, or a positive effect on pubs. The argument used in Ireland was that staff shouldn't be exposed to the health risk passive smoking incurs. Which is perfectly valid, IMO.

Cheers

Interesting, because in Ireland it had zero, or a positive effect on pubs. The argument used in Ireland was that staff shouldn't be exposed to the health risk passive smoking incurs. Which is perfectly valid, IMO.
Yeah, I'd say that's a really good reason.

Back