Any Other Musicians or Artists Here?

mkillio said:
I played drums from middle school through sophmore year of high school. I would really like to play again, it's too expensive though. I enjoy percussion even more now taht rap/hip-hop has come into its own.

No more expensive than PC gaming.....actually less. A good drumset is always a good drumset. 8)
I picked up a nice Mapex Pro M maple set that can be recorded and gigged for $830. Semi pro, and very nice sound. Cymbals will vary of course. You don't have to be Terry Bozzio.

Hell, pick up a $500 Mapex M series (maple) on ebay or whatever, get some nice cymbals for $400, and you're good to go.

cloudscapes said:
I think I'm stuck because I just don't know what direction I want to take anymore.
The way I see it, I don't care anymore - I just make whatever music I feel like. I have a huge range of influences and use whatever comes into my head at the time - I've long given up trying to fit tracks into any genre or sub-genre. Whilst it does make your music inconsistant, I think it also makes it more interesting (both to listen to and to make) :)

Damn it, this thread and helping a neighbor load up all his band equipment into his mini-van has got me pricing electric cellos.... :?

Scali said:
radeonic2 said:
John Petrucci is my hero, normally speed doesn't impress me, but he's insane!

I don't like John Petrucci personally. Sure he can play fast, but so can a lot of guitarists if they put in the practice. I find he doesn't make any musical statements.

If you're interested in hearing musical statements from Petrucci, you should try listening to "Lost without you" ;) PM me if you're interested in it, it's not "easy" to get it.

It's actually pretty nice, and it's only a Live version...

Back