Anti matter bombs or is this person smoking marijuana?

Just read the last sentence of the first part:
>>"Therefore, the terrorist is not Saddam Hussein bu US military government of which Bush is the pet in charge of war marketing."<<

It's quite apparent what the true reasoning is behind this with the inclusion of this line.

Anti-matter technology has been researched for quite some time. I think it'll soon be the US' WMD of choice.

IIRC it was in late 1995 that a Swiss research group created some anti-matter, it was "anti-hydrogen" -- I can't remember the technical name. It lasted for a short while and then it met with hydrogen, at which point there was a rather large release of energy -- large being a relative term.

Yes they detected it by the release of energy, and I read about it at the time, it was actually quite interesting how they went about doing it. The method as I recall was very brute force oriented and inefficient, so a small number of success for the attempts. I think that once someone figures out how to make it they better figure out how to hold it to b/c you can't exactly put it in a jar. Magnetic fields are pretty much the only way to go.

Saem said:
Anti-matter technology has been researched for quite some time. I think it'll soon be the US' WMD of choice.

Your kidding, right? The difficulty in making even a small amount of containable anti-particles is prohibative. It would require several grams to even come close to the Hiroshima device. Economies of Scale for Anti-Matter are non-existent - then again, they are for most conspiracy theorists.

And then there's the enevitable question of fielding a 100% stable magnetic "bottle" that could survive the test of time and battlefield. :rolleyes:

Anti-matter bombs? Uhm, ok. I think the Marijuana charge is definitely applicable to this guy. *cough* not saying marijuana is bad or anything, or at least, worse than cigarettes *cough* disclaimer *cough* *cough* too much weed makes me *cough* *cough*.

:LOL:

Your kidding, right? The difficulty in making even a small amount of containable anti-particles is prohibative. It would require several grams to even come close to the Hiroshima device. Economies of Scale for Anti-Matter are non-existent - then again, they are for most conspiracy theorists.

And then there's the enevitable question of fielding a 100% stable magnetic "bottle" that could survive the test of time and battlefield.

That's nice, so if anything isn't viable from the get go one should give up on it because it never will be? I'm not putting words into your mouth, just using the reasoning implied in your post. I should say that by soon, I suspect that within 10 years to 15 years, they'll have something workable.

Saem said:
I thought it only "goes boom" if it collides with it's opposite?

You mean its opposite hydrogen? In that case yes and no, it only needs to touch any normal matter, so in a vacuum it is safe, if it doesn't touch the walls and is contained by a magnetic field.

IMHO anti-matter bomb is not a good idea. First, it is expensive to produce. Second, it is dangerous and unstable, thus hard and expensive to maintain. A good thing about current nuclear weapon is, it's really hard to detonate one. The detonators are designed to be fragile so the bombs won't explode accidentally. However, an anti-matter bomb is very easy to detonate. You really don't want your WMDs detonated in your missile silos, ships, or subs.

Sxotty said:
Saem said:
I thought it only "goes boom" if it collides with it's opposite?

You mean its opposite hydrogen? In that case yes and no, it only needs to touch any normal matter, so in a vacuum it is safe, if it doesn't touch the walls and is contained by a magnetic field.

like a hover? :LOL:

seriously though, perfect vacuums are theoretical things, you don't rightly go without matter in neck of the woods so any anti-mater doesn't get to stick around long.

Back