Anthem [PS4, XO, PC]

Absolute disaster of a demo. Couldn’t launch all night. I think they got PC and PS4 working. I’ll check soon if Xbox is up 24 hours later. But performance was not great the one time I managed to get into city.

This demo will be useful for some folks on purchasing decisions. But unfortunately they did not lead with their best foot forward here.

I saw online others saying their PS4 was still having issues. Not the sort of hype they were looking for. It feels like EA has rushed this all too soon. I dont blame BioWare on this one. They should take another 3-6 months before launching to also make more of the "not for launch" features into "included for launch".

Are you not entertained?

played two missions with a friend, it was going pretty well overall, almost no rubberbanding, we were only two in a private session, but at the end of the second mission my game froze on the loading screen.

So it looks resolved at of 6am EST this morning. 18 hours after launch and most people are trying to hammer the servers. Will see it how it holds later today but yea, if this Build is somewhat “newish < 2 months” I’d be concerned for final release.

Customization options are fantastic. I can get sucked into it. From shaders to colours to items. Lots of little things to tweak and separate peoples javelins. They did the right thing if they want to sell mTX. The costs seem reasonable for the coin required.

Gameplay is mass effect like so far. So if you like ME3 combat this works well. Flying is a bit challenging for now, clearly not used to it just yet.

Lots of fun options, a lot more than expected. Lots of weapons and styles to play. I think the game really failed to showcase how different each javelin can play from each other. Quite a bit like diablo in that sense or path of exile.

I think resolving frame rate issues etc will really help this title have a long life span.

Will play more to get better impressions but looks great in HDR but tempted to try PC as well for higher FPS And Gsync.

Demo just freezes on Xbox trying to get into a mission.

/furiously tapping A to break out of frozen condition. You got me good, Xbox/EA/Bioware. Bye.

Demo just freezes on Xbox trying to get into a mission.

/furiously tapping A to break out of frozen condition. You got me good, Xbox/EA/Bioware. Bye.
Lol. HArd reboot will solve it. But yea this demo is complete horse shit.

That’s being said. Just did a 4 player mission with buddies. It was awesome.

If they can just clean up performance problems, reduce the bugginess and the rubber banding issues, perhaps even resolve Fort Tarsis, seems to be really suffering in the frame rate department. Game would be in solid shape for release.

finished the missions of the demo. i quite like it
if they sort out the issues and polish the framerate i might buy !

Last edited:
http://blog.bioware.com/2019/01/26/anthem-vip-demo-update/

1. Platform connections – this was caused by the spike in players entering the game when we opened up. Unfortunately, these issues did not present themselves during our internal testing. Investigations are ongoing, and we will continue to apply fixes throughout the weekend.
  2. Entitlements – these are account flags that grant players things like their pre-order incentives and demo access. During the demo weekend, we identified a bug where VIP players with a specific combination of entitlements were being blocked from accessing the demo. We believe we’ve resolved most of these, but have additional cases we are addressing.
  3. “Infinite loads” – this is occurring for some players, particularly when they transition from Fort Tarsis to an expedition. We saw this only in isolated cases during internal testing and believed it was resolved. Unfortunately, the problem is exacerbated in the real-world where differences with player’s ISPs and home networks introduce new behavior.
Today, our top priorities are:

1. Continue to resolve any reports of issues with login and entitlement problems.
  2. Implement fixes to address “infinite loads”. I want to be upfront that this is a difficult one, and something we may not resolve during this weekend — many players are not seeing this issue and the last thing we want to do is destabilize the experience for everyone.
  3. Improve server performance. We’ve heard reports of rubber-banding and other signs of server latency. We believe we can address this and will be conducting some small-scale experiments to confirm that. We may roll some fixes out this weekend or may wait for the open demo next weekend, depending on the level of risk to the overall service.

Well, glad I can play it on PC and that's where I'm getting it. Still can't play it on Xbox because of the infinite loading issue. I'd be furryous if I were @Graham.

But only as long as your ISP characteristics don't change...

Ufg just got in after lloooooooong wait on title screen.

Then I changed my wifi router setting due to horrible fps spike on remoteplay.

Now it's stuck on loading screen for looping time.

This is more like a BETA instead of demo

Oh! And it makes my PS4 pro fan goes to full tilt even on title screen.

Yeesh

Okay I'm stuck on the first mission where you must disable 3 colorful barriers

* no visual and audio instruction what to do other than we must destroy it so we instinctively shoot them...
* when we shoot the barriers, nothing happens
* the area is super cluttered and dark. I simply assume we must color match / icon match. But we find nothing to match.

I also tried to brute force the solution by following video game tropes of glowing lights, obvious path, etc to find the answer ... But nope

We're stuck.

It feels like I'm playing Zelda BOTW hidden pitch black forest temple again. Heck, Zelda botw still give visual clues and allows various exploits.

* no visual and audio instruction what to do other than we must destroy it so we instinctively shoot them...
* the area is super cluttered and dark. I simply assume we must color match / icon match. But we find nothing to match.

I also tried to brute force the solution by following video game tropes of glowing lights, obvious path, etc to find the answer ... But nope

We're stuck.

It feels like I'm playing Zelda BOTW hidden pitch black forest temple again. Heck, Zelda botw still give visual clues and allows various exploits.
When you walk up to the symbols you hold a button to change the seal. Keep changing the seal until you hear an auditory rumble in the machine closest to you. The move onto the next seal

When you walk up to the symbols you hold a button to change the seal. Keep changing the seal until you hear an auditory rumble in the machine closest to you. The move onto the next seal
Thanks. I was playing on a tablet with practically no bass whatsoever. I'll try tomorrow with earphones

We're stuck.

For each "barrier", there is a color cue hidden somewhere around you just need to find it & match it on the gate.

I keep doing the same errors over and over again: so excited about Anthem as it looks awesome! Preorder during Xmas period...can't wait for the demo. Demo preloaded...boom day arrives, compete garbage! Loading errors, login errors..finally in the game: cool, controls feel nice, something is off: rubberbanding. Huh?? I am playing a private session...why the lag? Why the rubber banding? What! 6 weeks left...apparantly the demo is quite recent built, full game gone gold already.

After this first impression...it just got more annoying and more annoying...every loading screen gets stuck at 95%. Fix: hard close the game, restart it...game asks you that you are in a session and if you wanna rejoin. Combined with the extreme long loading times...nice.

Gameplay might be good, the few seconds I could play uninterrupted by crashes, rubberbanding and super low framerate...were good. However, this argument I read many times on forums "when it works, it is great"...lol. I buy a new car: well it does not consistently drive, and the brakes need some more work...but when ti drives...it drives fantastic! Meh.

Bioware has always been known to be shitty at technology. However, we are talking basic stuff here. Furthermore, the answer at the official board from one of the devs shows again complete ignorance. "We tested it carefully and are surprised by the issues"...lol, idiot.

Preorder canceled. Waiting for launch day, waiting most probably a couple of month still all the issues are ironed out. Then get it cheap. Stupid me...I even ordered the legendary edition.

The current state of so-called AAA games...nice.

So disappointed.

I had the same feeling, and if I were on console, I'd be super pissed too (where I couldn't even get into a mission and try co-op).

I think I'll give them a chance on PC though since I had fewer grievances, and I suspect they won't abandon the game.

I had the same feeling, and if I were on console, I'd be super pissed too (where I couldn't even get into a mission and try co-op).

I think I'll give them a chance on PC though since I had fewer grievances, and I suspect they won't abandon the game.
They won't, I guess the question is how long that content will last.

I wasn't as impressed with the visuals as I thought I would be. I thought maybe I just forgot what the game looked like. I hadn't looked at it since its initial reveal, so I decided to go back to that video...

Yeah.. now I know my memory isn't shit

Back