Status
Not open for further replies.

Pozer

Regular
projectLondonSkies023.png

Discuss away...

1. I'm pretty sure its fake.
2. Might be wrong forum to post in?
3. Graphically speaking, looks good, but imho I think the Getaway looks better.

If it's a real screenshot, where's it from? Shouldn't it be being hosted at the devs' website or a real site like IGN or Gamespot rather than some spurious fansite?

Gta4?

Pozer said:
projectLondonSkies023.png

Discuss away...

Rockstar always has only "ok" graphics and this also I feel is "ok". Some light and shadow is not bad but texture (also some repeating texture) and models is not so great. I like self-shadow of left side car roof in interior and also it has little bit reflection look. Some black clothes character models (Agent Smith?) have fake look like they are added after scene render. I do not know if this is GTA4 but I feel maytbe this is not so great graphics for next gen. But thank you for this image.

Anyone else noticed that the streets just ends in the middle of nowhere? I don't think that is a real screenshot, otherwise we wouldn't have such obvious pop-up

hupfinsgack said:
Anyone else noticed that the streets just ends in the middle of nowhere? I don't think that is a real screenshot, otherwise we wouldn't have such obvious pop-up

Just like there wasn't obvious popup in the GTA games?

hupfinsgack said:

well if it's a W.I.P the rest of the city may not be made yet

And there we go. Yet another sad-case digging up a random CGI render and trying to pass it off as an in game shot. Why bother?!

AFAIK it's the same Italian CG artist who's Transformer animation was suddenly a 'leaked ILM test'. Amazing how stupid some people can be - digging up random CG artwork and passing it as something totally different to get their 15 minutes of fame.
But at least the artist guy gets some extra promotion ;)

How do people track down the artists that create these images? Does the artist have to be a gamer and see his work up?

As a final point, the take home message is, if it's not from an official source, it's not real. A GTA4 screenshot will appear first and foremost on either the game's site, or a professional publication that pays money for exclusives. A single unqualified 'leak' to an obscure forum or fansite isn't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back