AMD: Speculation, Rumors, and Discussion (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just the launch of the new High-End AM4-motherboards.
Maybe a sneak peak of Vega? Remember, they did that a year ago with Polaris 11.
If it is a dual Polaris card, I hope they found a new way around the crossfire problem in a way the OS only see one gpu. somehow... MCM? nah... probably not.

Damn it why make it 1080p if everyone else is doing 1440p?
Took me like 10 minutes to find a 1080p result for a RX480...

In other tests, the "total average" seems to be very close to the "medium" results.
This doesn't seem to be a dual-P10 card. At least for the fact that the game is only detecting one GPU.

It is rather frustrating to find any separate benchmarks to cross reference the results, even other sites do not necessarily have the same settings or even mention what those settings are :)
That brings us on to comparing the results to the AoTS result for the unknown card.
I took an alternative approach and tried to identify the settings compared to the ones shown for the unknown card, and unfortunately it seems to me we may not be able to use any benchmark review as a comparison for the following reason.
Looking at another review site they show their internal preset 'High' setting has 2xMSAA, texture quality High, everything else matches that unknown card settings.
That unknown card is using 1xMSAA, not sure about texture quality.
Cheers

Probably the closest reference we have is WhyCry running same setting albeit with a 6800k at 3.4GHz rather than a 5930k.

He used same Game version and same settings, his card is the MSI GTX1080 Gaming X.
WhyCry: http://videocardz.com/64475/are-those-radeon-rx-490-vega10-benchmarks-results
GTX-1080-results.jpg

And the highest leaked result so far (found by gamervivek):
nPm1GBn.png

May try to find WhyCry's result in the benchmark table.

Cheers

Last edited:
I seriously hope Vega is good so it forces NVIDIA to put out a GTX1075 at ~$300. The 1070 is a bit too crippled and expensive IMO.

Of course if Vega is that good I would consider it a purchase option. My last AMD card was the 7950 and that turned out to be a great buy at $200.

Hopefully these are driver improvements and there's more to come.
The score keeps increasing every day it seems,
so is that person overclocking the GPU and if so that does make it tricky to know the realistic range.
I really doubt the person has updated engineering drivers since the last result, these are usually pretty well controlled and do not happen as frequent as these benchmark updates in terms of what could get out of the controlled lab-network.
Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back