AMD: R9xx Speculation

You only need PR when your products can't talk for themselves.

Doesn't MSI have a Technical PR department?

Or an advertising budget for that matter?

Come to think of it. Isn't Dave in Technical Marketing?

Hmm I guess that rules those out. Which company that has products that talk are you refering to?

But not in 2009, right? Afterall, the very first DX11 games that came out were all Tessellation enabled.

Yep, tessellation "enabled". That's about all they were :) Why doesn't AMD show us how tessellation should be used? I'm tired of hearing them complaining about what Nvidia is doing. What are they doing? Also, isn't Fermi much faster than Evergreen even in AMD's own tessellation demo?

IF say Intel and AMD both released BIOS/UEFI updates that forced graphics PEG slots to 1x IF an non-AMD/Intel GPU was present.

You win the poor analogy award on today's show!

You only need PR when your products can't talk for themselves.

I hope that's a joke. Let's see how well Radeons sell when nobody knows they exist :)

Can I actually download that benchmark somewhere? or even play the game on PC yet?
there's only one company out there really focused on distributing a preview benchmark.
If I as a "consumer"( snarky call out to Richthofen*) cant reproduce the bench mark, then its bogus.

I as a consumer just want my product run as good as possible and i have to say that on Nvidia's side i am a lot more secure in that case.
Play old games much?

But hey i see the silver-lining in all your hate.
Edited for goofiness

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I was able to read before a crappout, it's completely silent and relatively cool. Mostly faster than GTX470 but not as fast as HD5870.

Talking about 6870.

Anyone caught the price?!

Uh...we're looking at the same benchmarks?

I hope so, only opened mw2 (matches 5870) crysis (matches 5870) dirt2 (slower than 5870) bad company 2 (slower than 5870) that's half of the benchmarks before the review got pulled and it was well ahead of the 470 in those.

matched with the lower prices mentioned in the conclusion and the very friendly power/heat envelope and you're talking win.

From what I was able to read before a crappout, it's completely silent and relatively cool. Mostly faster than GTX470 but not as fast as HD5870.

Talking about 6870.

Anyone caught the price?!

sure did!

Prices then, the R6850 will cost you roughly 189 USD/ 159 EUR and thus is targeted at the slightly cheaper priced GeForce GTX 460 768MB.

For 249 USD / 209 EUR the R6870 is positioned against the GeForce GTX 460 with 1024MB graphics memory, now the R6870 is faster, however NVIDIA will pull their trump card, the GeForce GTX 470 and lower its price on that product, significantly I must add.

DiRT2:
50k6kn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those numbers look higher than hinted. The 6850 is faster than the 5850 in some cases and the 6870 is close to the 5870. So it's effectively a price drop on Cypress cards.

I'm sure you feel that way about those particular 15 seconds of Unigine Heaven or the Stone Giant benchmark at extreme tesselation settings too, right? There's often a fine line between informative and misleading in those kind of situations.
People with higher resolution panel are going to get benefits out of higher framebuffer when they play games.

Back