AMD: R9xx Speculation

Since those numbers are barely better than 5770, I very much doubt them. Of course there could many reasons for such score, like diff. scene, drivers, etc., but still IMO Barts will perform better from the get go.

How did you come up with barely better than 5770?

6870/6850 prices in Holland shows up:

8_101015015459_1.jpg

8_101015015459_2.jpg

nice out-of-context quote there

No, I said "soon to appear here, 5770 with 1120SP" I was hinting at a new rumor where people say Juniper will have 1120SPs.

But this is turning into a personal thread again, let's talk about rv940 and how NApoleon with his "authentic slides" is wrong.

Ah, my bad, then. That was pretty ambiguous, though.

Anyway, 2 days after the press event, 6 days before the purported launch, and still no leak of official slides! Well, official slides with specifications. I don't know how AMD's doing it, but their control over information about NI is impressive.

Anyway, 2 days after the press even, 6 days before the purported launch, and still no leak of official slides! I don't how AMD's doing it, but their control of information is impressive.

You'll have to be very good friends to even get more than hints from some press members.

And then there's personal opinion, from "meh" to "oh wow" depending on who you ask..

Check your math, per mm^2 the vantage score is just slightly over 40% better than Cypress XT's. (I'm assuming your Cayman XT there is a typo meaning Cypress since there's no Cayman XT to be seen)
Yeah, it was a typo, sorry for that.

As for the ~ 32% - that number relates to the relative increase in VantagePoints per mm² and clock (i.e. I factored in the core clocks to arrive at an even "cleaner" evaluation of the architecture itself) - so we're actually both right ;)

This allows a boost of ~34% over this sample card.

You meant 43% :?: Typo?

Anyhow since that http://vga.zol.com.cn/199/1999757.html in their large picture gallery doesn't show up any HD6870 and they HAVE Vantage/06 results for them, wouldn''t be pretty logical to assume that HD6850 is 775M part with full shaders enabled after all and HD6870 will be 900MHz part. Probably (if they didn't fake it) they just OCed HD6850 to 900MHz clock they "were told" that HD6870 will be, even thou it would be only 16% more power in that case.

And on 725/775 HD6850 discrepancy. Aren't possible that this sample is slightly OCed part it's XFX after all and they just became exclusive ATi partner :LOL:

Back