AMD Number one in mobile discrete graphics

I think, the most common usage of PM in a business sense, is "product manager."

No, not really. At least not, if you're referring to gaming performance.
Maybe. But my point is, in the mobile space -- especially in the high-volume entry-level/value market -- there are considerable overlaps between discrete and IGP market. You can often find ATI's discrete offering compete with NV/Intel IGP offering on similar (or very close) price bracket. So even though they could only capture 25% market share overall -- they still can claim for 100% discrete market share ownage in that particular segment. Simply because they don't really compete with competitor's discrete offering there. :smile:

Hmm, a bit of irony here...

After ATI’s former CEO David Orton, CTO Bob Drebin and other executives and engineers defecting the Canadian outfit, the chipmaker recently lost its senior vice-president and general manager of the chipset and notebook business unit Phil Eisler who was just named last night Nvidia’s general manager of its emerging 3D Vision business unit.

TechPulse360: ATI Faces More Executive Exodus Ahead Of Major Product Launch

You're right, sorry. I was under the wrong impression that notebook business unit has something to do with mobile GPUs. :oops:

I just figured they were lower power => less heat =. less fans spinning ==> longer battery life etc...

It would be madness not to utilize a chip if it has those advantages and the same cost and performance.

Not counting 9100/9400M as discrete, I guess.

Nope, and I'm thinking that had something to do with it. As someone else mentioned AMD is competing with those integrated solutions with discrete ones of their own. Much of this could be due to a shift from discrete to integrated market share.

Back