Amd Insight

Davros

Legend
Anyone elsoe got one of these emails ?

As someone with much wisdom to share about technology

Quite a few Amd employees visit these forums no doubt they have relayed info back about my incredible knowledge of pc hardware ;)

Its called market research, as in you ask a panel of people what they are looking for, whats important to them, etc., etc.

Its called market research, as in you ask a panel of people what they are looking for, whats important to them, etc., etc.

But when you offer a $100 dollar gift as a "sweetener", isn't that already skewing their opinion, before a single question is asked in this "survey" ?
When i go to Intel.com i usually see a lot of those pop-up questionnaires and they don't seem to offer me much in the way of gifts and goodies like this one does.

But when you offer a $100 dollar gift as a "sweetener", isn't that already skewing their opinion, before a single question is asked in this "survey" ?
When i go to Intel.com i usually see a lot of those pop-up questionnaires and they don't seem to offer me much in the way of gifts and goodies like this one does.
Lots of sites have survey's and I would imagine that there are plenty of people that do exactly the same as I do and ignore them. This, however, is clearly an opt-in scheme.

If you read the original post more closely, you'll see they are offering the chance to win a gift voucher for filling in the survey (though it looks as though they've missed out the word 'win'). Pretty typical practice if you've had dealings with eBay, Paypal, etc. who all offer similar 'incentives' for their surveys.

I've filled in a couple for eBay and, waddya know, didn't win any vouchers! :smile:

I didn't knew eBay/Paypal were chip manufacturers (or even manufacturers of anything ;)), but it's obviously an opt-in deal, that's not my concern.
The emails make it seem as though they are specifically targeted. What's with the swag if that target just so happens to be bloggers/reviewers/brand pundits ? It's certainly not the general public, since those rarely care about pre-release hardware rumors/info.
That's what i can't understand the reasoning of.
It's even worse if the targets are actual journalists (both online or in print/traditional media), since they have to be impartial by definition, and have real names and reputations to protect.

If you want anyone to fill out a survey you better be offering something or your email is just going to wind up being added to a spam filter.

What's with the swag if that target just so happens to be bloggers/reviewers/brand pundits ? It's certainly not the general public, since those rarely care about pre-release hardware rumors/info.
That's what i can't understand the reasoning of.
What? A forum poster says that he recieved an email ergo this is targetted at reviewers?

Look at the T&C its simple:

As a Panel Member, you must be willing to participate in at least three online surveys per year. Your participation is completely voluntary, and there is no obligation for you to participate in every survey we conduct.

While I know nothing of the program the incentive is likely due to a.) because are likely to be longer surveys than the short things you get elsewhere b.) to keep the same people coming back to to the survey to track changes in opinion.

Anyone elsoe got one of these emails ?

Quite a few Amd employees visit these forums no doubt they have relayed info back about my incredible knowledge of pc hardware ;)

Fill it out and say you want support for PhysX in your card.

Because I would rather AMD waste time and money implementing a method for my video card to kick me in my nuts rather than implementing a physics API that will never be used outside of making minor (at best) visual enhancements in a few games.

Because I would rather AMD waste time and money implementing a method for my video card to kick me in my nuts rather than implementing a physics API that will never be used outside of making minor (at best) visual enhancements in a few games.

That's a curious statement. I can only guess at the deeper underlying cause for such an unreasonable dislike of visual enhancements.

If what you have seen is minor, Then you like very boring unrealistic looking/reacting games.

That's a curious statement. I can only guess at the deeper underlying cause for such an unreasonable dislike of visual enhancements.

Image a racing game that uses physx for a more real life game play, or a fps where you can interact with everything and not just select items in game. The visuals from that alone would make me want to buy a few more games.

Imagine they use havok on the cpu and it works just as well.

Pfft, but that would be too logical.

cue "but PhysX can do so much more than Havok, look at Cell factor!!!111" :rolleyes:

Back