Amd Insight

From what I recall, it was already multithreaded (unless 'SMP friendly' means something different?) when it was still called NovodeX.
I heard that the initial multi-threaded Novodex wasn't very good, didn't scale well. They had a second go and improved it multi-core scaling.

But to be honest this wasn't from personal experience, so I could be wrong.

Yes but given a choice between using the normal CPU version with its nasty non local access patterns, or basing it on a version broke into small chunks with streaming memory accesses which would you start with?

There may be reasons why not to, but given I expect larrabee version will look similar to the SPU version, seems reasonable to base the GPGPU version on the same core.

Yes but given a choice between using the normal CPU version with its nasty non local access patterns, or basing it on a version broke into small chunks with streaming memory accesses which would you start with?

There may be reasons why not to, but given I expect larrabee version will look similar to the SPU version, seems reasonable to base the GPGPU version on the same core.

That makes some sense. It's just that I simply don't know more about what ATi should/will do with Havok than Dave Baumann.

Back