AMD drivers are a complete joke

Thanks. :) I will look into it when AMD releases their next certified driver - whenever the hell that will be. Is it going to be every four months from here on out or what?

Its funny, my good old 7970's work perfectly whatever is the driver i use..

Actually 14.7 RC3... no problem, well i dont play much games outside BF4 anyways thoses last weeks.

One thing anyway, if use FF, disable the acceleration for video for flashplayer.. this damn things can give some problem time to time ( nearly each time they update adobe flash ).

I'm using Kaveri and IGP only, so exposed more to AMD drivers. In AMD defense, this problem might just be a Windows 8.1 problem.

Plenty Win8 problems to go around. My system suffers from not running all stuff that is placed into the autostart folder, and really, REALLY slow startup and login loading speed. I have a great SSD, I have a fast CPU. But all of that is for naught most of the time and I haven't the first fking clue as to why.

Same with the autostart shit, which started, I dunno, one or a few months ago. Everything worked just fine, until one day when it didn't anymore, for no reason. Well, no reason caused by me, anyway. Apparantly this is a known issue, I've gathered after a bit of googling. People report that some programs will load, and some won't. No apparent pattern from what I've been able to tell.

I think come black Friday I will grab a cheap mx100 512 gig ( its gotta be like $150 by then ) and just load up windows 9 on that and see what happens. If there are to many problems go to a fresh install of 8. I haven't reinstalled 8 since launch and even then I did an upgrade

My Win8 is a little over a year (~14 months) and in that time it's suffered substantial windows rot. Often it hangs when restarting. It just sits on that friggin metro shutdown screen with the spinning dots, which spin and spin and spin and nothing ever happens after that. Completely unacceptable.

There are nice official full-install ISOs of Win8.1 Update 1. I'd say were are essentially on Windows 8 SP2 right now. Might be a fine time for a fresh install.

I highly doubt Windows 9 will be an amazing bug-free cleansing experience. That never happens. Windows 7 is probably the most solid option since they've been bug fixing it for 4 years.

Too bad though that win7 didn't get the latest DX11 features tho or I never would have "upgraded" to 8. Friggin MS!

@grall

use
shutdown.exe -f -s -t 1

for me, it solve the problem of spinning indefinetely at shutdown or restart (change -s to -r).

I'm referring to any titles. It's rather irrelevant knowing you support 11.2 features if there's nothing taking advantage of them at the moment. Windows 8 isn't a draw for me on my gaming desktop until that is truly limiting me.

It may be irrelevant FOR YOU, but it is not irrelevant FOR ME. That's why I bought this vidcard, amongst other reasons.

Back