Am I crazy? (Car Question)

How about an 89 Supra?

This thing is FUN! The wife has off work tomorrow too....

I assume that's the 3.0 L NA engine and not the turbo? Actually I can see the model of the engine in one shot so it's the 190-204 bhp NA engine.

Interior is worn, busted tail light and some paint scuffs...but it is an '89...

Edmunds books it at $1,200-2,000

Remember he's practically in Chicago so that's about 4 weeks of drop-top driving. The rest of the year will be noisy and hot/cold :) (coming from a Cincinnati guy who just got a drop top)

Remember he's practically in Chicago so that's about 4 weeks of drop-top driving. The rest of the year will be noisy and hot/cold :) (coming from a Cincinnati guy who just got a drop top)

Bah. You're talking to someone that lives in the Twin Cities. Don't give me any of that "it's too cold" nonsense :devilish:

Bah. You're talking to someone that lives in the Twin Cities. Don't give me any of that "it's too cold" nonsense :devilish:

Okay, I'm a wimp. This Miata won't be my daily driver (especially on long highway trips). Today it's raining so I took the A3.

Ok, panic time. We just got back from the Nissan dealer and are looking at trading in our leased Murano to lease a 08 Altima 3.5SE coupe and an 08 Versa. :???:

Either that or we go and blow $5,000 on a used car, any input fast would be appreciated. We're supposed to go back to the Nissan dealer in an hour.

Ok, panic time. We just got back from the Nissan dealer and are looking at trading in our leased Murano to lease a 08 Altima 3.5SE coupe and an 08 Versa. :???:

Either that or we go and blow $5,000 on a used car, any input fast would be appreciated. We're supposed to go back to the Nissan dealer in an hour.

I'd do Altima/Versa if the deal were right - took me two weeks and haggling with three dealerships to get $175/month on the Miata. It helped they were at month end and only a few cars from quota. It also helped that my Bro-in-law runs a dealership in another town and tells me all the ins/outs.

Anyway, the 3.5SE is a nice ride with good mileage and the Versa is ugly but uber efficient.

So low!
It's a blast to drive. 6.5s 0-60 may not be blistering but the handling is awesome and it's a fourth car so it's meant purely for fun.

Okay, I'm a wimp. This Miata won't be my daily driver (especially on long highway trips). Today it's raining so I took the A3.

Get an A5.

40 grand = pimp ride

A bit under-powered for the price compared to an Infiniti or even a bimmer, but still a frickin gorgeous automobile - and it's an Audi!

Looks like a baby R8 :eek:

Yeeeeeeeeeeee-uh boooooooy!

However my current favorite automobile has to be the RS6. 580hp and 479 lb/ft torque in an awd turbo V10-powered grocery-getting station wagon FTW!

Closely followed by the infamous Nissan GTR (the new one), the R8, the drop-dead gorgeous G37 concept, the G35 coupe sport edition, and just about every Ferrari and Porsche ever made.

So low!
It's a blast to drive. 6.5s 0-60 may not be blistering but the handling is awesome and it's a fourth car so it's meant purely for fun.

Give it to me. If you aren't replacing your tires every season, you're not driving it hard enough. I just had to foot ~$600 to fit my Ion with new rubber, 205/55/16 Potenza Grid G019's all around. Very nice tires, but man I need an LSD...

Give it to me. If you aren't replacing your tires every season, you're not driving it hard enough. I just had to foot ~$600 to fit my Ion with new rubber, 205/55/16 Potenza Grid G019's all around. Very nice tires, but man I need an LSD...

The suspension package fir the MX5 came with blisteins and lsd...it might be hard to wear the sneakers out in a year with four other cars, but I'm already planning some winding SE OH, KY and WV weekenders for the wife and I to try at it.

Winding roads? Check
Good B&B with big bed and large tub? Check
Nearby winery? Check
No kids? Oh yeah

I am not happy that I have to replace the tires every year personally, but I guess if it makes you happy...

We nixed the Altima/Versa idea and are just keeping the Murano and buying a used car.

We were looking at Jeep Wranglers on the way home. Found a 98 about 1/2 mile from us that doesn't look to shabby for $4995, but my wife likes a white one we looked at that was about $8000

The suspension package fir the MX5 came with blisteins and lsd...it might be hard to wear the sneakers out in a year with four other cars, but I'm already planning some winding SE OH, KY and WV weekenders for the wife and I to try at it.

Winding roads? Check
Good B&B with big bed and large tub? Check
Nearby winery? Check
No kids? Oh yeah

Awesome :cool: Have fun ;)

I am not happy that I have to replace the tires every year personally, but I guess if it makes you happy...

Well I don't like the expense, but it always feels good to get new rubber.

Back