Am I an arrogant SOB?

Rev, I'm not sure if you're an arrogant SOB.

However, the sentence structure you use and the tone that comes across in your post, seems rather abrubt and harsh, which could definately make people think you're an SOB at the very least. If this extends to speech, then it'll be an issue.

Saem said:
Rev, I'm not sure if you're an arrogant SOB.

However, the sentence structure you use and the tone that comes across in your post, seems rather abrubt and harsh, which could definately make people think you're an SOB at the very least. If this extends to speech, then it'll be an issue.
Well, I tend to appear to be an arrogant SOB when I felt it was "necessary" to do so at most times. They're mostly just sarcastic comments and not really rude (the latter of which can easily be confused with "arrogance" and "being a SOB") when trying to put some folks "in their place" (when I know they're wrong).

The problem is that not all sarcasim translates into writing because we tend to use voice inflection to show that we're being sarcastic.

london-boy said:
digitalwanderer said:
london-boy said:
Can't you see the inflection in people's post?
Are you taking a tone with me? Why are you taking a tone with me? :|

I never take tones. They're a bit too much to handle.

I would think that d*ck would be a bit more to handle than tones... and you take that all the time and love it

STOP IT!!!! :oops:

Enough already people, alright? You folks are derailing this thread rather seriously and how often do we get a chance like this? :|

Now where were we and what was this thread about again? Oh yeah, is Reverend a son of a bitch.... :devilish:

but he posted in the G(ay)eneral forum! all threads in the G(ay)eneral forum are fair game for G(ay)eneral posts!

Sage said:
but he posted in the G(ay)eneral forum! all threads in the G(ay)eneral forum are fair game for G(ay)eneral posts!
You wanna get all G(ay)eneral when Rev is asking us to explain to him if he's an SOB? :|

So have we reached any kind of verdict yet? So far I'm getting a "You're not an SOB, but you sure can come across like one at times" kind of vibe out of this.

I think ppl throw "SOB" around too much, "oh, you didn't lend me your pen, you're a SOB!". Being a moderator is always hard, exactly because it's easy for those being moderated to cry out how they're being so unfairly dealt with. Sometimes this is true, however, when this happens the reaction is usually widespread. So, IMO, no (on both counts).

Back