Alien vs Predator - Requiem

Getting your face melted by acid, what a terrible way to die.

Chestburster > all.

These vs movies have been all terrible. Its Hollywood milking a franchise for everything basically. Violence didnt make Alien a success, originality, great directing and superb effects did.

Chestburster > all.

These vs movies have been all terrible. Its Hollywood milking a franchise for everything basically. Violence didnt make Alien a success, originality, great directing and superb effects did.

Thing is that Dark Horse did some really great Aliens Vs Predator comic books for years before the movies, and they did great stories and expanded both fictional universes. So Hollywood already had great stories and storyboards in the form of the comic books, and they still managed to screw the pooch because they just saw it as a cash-in.

There seems to be some sort of hybrid alien/predator, I thought I noticed this then confirmed it by playing the trailer in slow motion. If this is the case, they've already sort of lost me by trying to conglomerate both the genres ala the way Resurrection made Ripley half alien. Actually that example was less of a conglomeration, but more of a completely stupid move made by Hollywood in an attempt to make Ripley the ultimate badass.

But they gave the basis for that in the first AvP movie, unless I misunderstand what you are stating?

And Al, which AvP game are you referring to that included a predator/alien hybrid? Unless I'm mistaken, I've played them all, including the Atari one.

It was first featured in the Rebellion PC game (1999). They were reddish and slow moving (relative to the Alien). It showed up again in AvP2 and in the console RTS, AvP Extinction.

It's a bit hard to find pictures of it, but I'll see if I can't find them.

If you think that's cheese, I'm sure you may recall that alien-cyborg thing from the first PC game. That would be horrible for a movie. :LOL:

edit:

There's a bit of description on where you meet them here

AvP2:
AvP2_P03_AYool.jpg

It was first featured in the Rebellion PC game (1999). They were reddish and slow moving (relative to the Alien). It showed up again in AvP2 and in the console RTS, AvP Extinction.

It's a bit hard to find pictures of it, but I'll see if I can't find them.

If you think that's cheese, I'm sure you may recall that alien-cyborg thing from the first PC game. That would be horrible for a movie. :LOL:

edit:

There's a bit of description on where you meet them here

AvP2:
AvP2_P03_AYool.jpg

Ah, you're right! I totally forgot about those! Seeing that screen makes me wish I still had AvP 2.

Back