Alien Isolation

GS, IGN, and Polygon.... smh.

It's like they didn't get their paycheques on time or they only rate "games that are like COD or AC" with good scores.

So. Most sites think it's great and soemthink its not. Is that how the wind is blowing?

Where are the demos these days? We need them badly

i just watched a few lets play. man.. this game is for serious gamer. But basically the developer already said that many times. game designed for real gamer that love horror.

So. Most sites think it's great and soemthink its not. Is that how the wind is blowing?

I think it's more like some reviews acknowledge what's bad about it and have the score at the end reflect that whereas others seem to criticise away and then just ignore it at the end because, well, because it's finally an non-completely-sucky Alien game.
Eurogamer's review seriously doesn't read like an 8.

From what many reviews say, the game is just over long and repetitive, among other things. A Demo would show you the game while it's still fresh. You might love it but you wouldn't know how tedious it could become - all according to the reviews, I haven't played it.

Pre-ordered the DD version on my US account. saved $35 dollars compared to the danish retail price..

YEAH

A demo would probably be the amazing vertical slice which they didn't quite manage to stretch over a 15-20 hour campaign. I really don't get what's keeping developers from making shorter games and adjusting the retail price accordingly.

I still have mine on pre-order, but I'm not really expecting much besides an experience that's both incredibly moody and insanely frustrating.

Here's hoping good old Mikami-San is gonna deliver the goods next week.

Well, to be honest - I'd like to get this game, if only to watch someone else play it. :D

Well the Guardian loved it and it's a very different tone. Who to believe?

It never once feels repetitive during its 15-20-hour duration, owing to smart, systems-driven stealth and the fearsome intelligence of the alien. The visual design is also beautifully faithful. The developers have built Sevastopol the same way Ridley Scott and his team built their sets in 1979, using only props and tech from the period. The computer stations look like old 70s terminals; video recordings hiss with static.

This retro-futuristic aesthetic is evocative and convincing, placing us directly into Scott’s vision of a bleakly industrial space environment. Flickering lights and smoke are used to great effect, adding to the claustrophobia and general feeling of unease. The station’s dark, oppressive corridors can be as intimidating as the xenomorph itself.

This terrifying game is a passionate homage to a horror classic, and a rich, well-designed stealth experience in its own right. Giger’s monstrous alien is, for the first time in a video game, as formidable and menacing as it was in the films. It was brave of Sega to take a chance on a game like this, where guns are a last resort, but their faith in The Creative Assembly’s vision has resulted in an unusually clever and subversive triple-A game.

Probably depends on your own threshold for certain things. Do you get frustrated easily? Are you okay with having the rug pulled from under your feet without warning? Are you okay with the set piece moments in your typical AAA games where you usually have to do everything all over unless you're doing exactly what the developer expected, or rather, hoped for you to do?

I mean all of these things do sound very much like the spirit of the movie. It's not a fair fight after all. Things is, fair or not, Indiana Jones only has to run from the bloody boulder once, and the movie Alien ends after about 2 hours.

I'm not 100% sure where I'm falling on this honestly. I hope I'm gonna like it, because it's already in the mail.

1080p 30 on PS4

900p 30 on XB1

The PC versions actually are pretty well optimized as its not hard to get a higher framerate than the console versions with even a weaker GPU of PS4 if you have a better CPU.

Not sure why that is because you'd expect enclosed spaces and locked off rooms to be easy to run fast.

1080p 30 on PS4

900p 30 on XB1

The PC versions actually are pretty well optimized as its not hard to get a higher framerate than the console versions with even a weaker GPU of PS4 if you have a better CPU.

Not sure why that is because you'd expect enclosed spaces and locked off rooms to be easy to run fast.

According to an initial comparison at DF both versions operate at 1080p at 30fps with PS4 offering a little smoother experience

I had plenty of stuttering on the very first opening scene.

Was it still installing? The PS4 'PlayGo' system, which lets you play while a game is downloading/installing from disc, will have a slight impact on performance.

^Is that avoidable, though? I don't think the games install in the background unless you're actively playing them, and that means you're saddled with crappy cutscenes no matter what.
I remember getting cut-scene stutters during my initial Shadowfall playthrough as well.

^Is that avoidable, though?
Yup, wait until the game has installed fully.

I don't think the games install in the background unless you're actively playing them, and that means you're saddled with crappy cutscenes no matter what.

That is PlayGo. It let's you play before you've fully downloaded (or installed from disc) the entire game. But it's not limited to cutscenes, WATCH_DOGS threw you straight into the first mission in the stadium.

Was it still installing? The PS4 'PlayGo' system, which lets you play while a game is downloading/installing from disc, will have a slight impact on performance.

It was installed, but I did have a sense of something going on in the background, will check it again of course

I played through first hour and a half and atmosphere is phenomenal.

Visually, I noticed heavy framerate problems during cinematics, and shader aliasing is one of the worst I have ever seen. IMO, worst aliasing on any PS4 game so far. This game is 1080p, but in some cases aliasing is so severe that it looks like I am playing software-rendered Doom 2. :)

Back