Alien Isolation

I never really understood the hate for Prometheus, even linking it to Aliens. And it really was a very loose string connecting the two universes. The story was alright, the acting great, effects great. It was a great movie. And my opinion is fact so you should all agree with me :yep2:

It didn't fit. Treat it as a separate sci-fi movie not related to Aliens and it's an okay film. Try to watch it as an Aliens film as it's
Should be ignored regards the Alien canon.
This Shifty is bad. :no:
I never really understood the hate for Prometheus, even linking it to Aliens. And it really was a very loose string connecting the two universes. The story was alright, the acting great, effects great. It was a great movie. And my opinion is fact so you should all agree with me :yep2:

This Shifty is good. :yes:

It didn't fit. Treat it as a separate sci-fi movie not related to Aliens and it's an okay film. Try to watch it as an Aliens film as it's

Imho it shows a possible origin of the Alien spaceship that crashed on LV426, the goo (great word for an infestation) clearly has no limit on the monsters it can create. The cool thing about what happened on LV233 is that the navigators turns out to be the bad guys. And it seems that LV426 and the crash wasn't the first time they messed up with the goo weapons.

So, Alien Isolation could touch on these subjects, with audio logs (good idea Ultra) and touch more on the origin of the crashed spaceship, but i would honestly rather live without those than have them, unless Ridley was helping and they kept the Alien universe under control :)

Totally off topic, i haven't bought Prometheus because i am still waiting for the Directors edit :)

I think many of our opinions and others on Prometheus can be found in the Movie Reviews thread. My bad for initiating semi-offtopic.

I haven't watched Alien 1 in a long time. Did Wayland Yutani corporation found out about LV246 in that film? Did Ash contacted them? I know that they stopped their haul because basic company rule is that all unknown beacon messages have to be investigated, but I dont know if WY ever found out why and where they stopped.

I haven't watched Alien 1 in a long time. Did Wayland Yutani corporation found out about LV246 in that film? Did Ash contacted them? I know that they stopped their haul because basic company rule is that all unknown beacon messages have to be investigated, but I dont know if WY ever found out why and where they stopped.

It's been a while for me too but I'm sure the Nostromo investigated because they picked up a distress beacon from the alien ship. I don't recall they explain why the distress beacon started (or had never been detected before). Maybe it was just a route through previously uncharted space.

UIActivityIndicatorViewStyleStatusBar.7@2x.png

It didn't fit. Treat it as a separate sci-fi movie not related to Aliens and it's an okay film. Try to watch it as an Aliens film as it's :oops: :???: :unsure::nope::mad::no:

Would seem to fit right in to me since Alien as franchise seems to consist of a disjointed series of films that share very little in terms of style and focus.

It's been a while for me too but I'm sure the Nostromo investigated because they picked up a distress beacon from the alien ship. I don't recall they explain why the distress beacon started (or had never been detected before). Maybe it was just a route through previously uncharted space.

UIActivityIndicatorViewStyleStatusBar.7@2x.png

Ash told the crew it looked like a SOS.. but

Ripley: Ash, that transmission... Mother's deciphered part of it. It doesn't look like an S.O.S.
Ash: What is it, then?
Ripley: Well, I... it looks like a warning. I'm gonna go out after them.
Ash: What's the point? I mean by the, the time it takes to get there, you'll... they'll know if it's a warning or not, yes?

Ok, if they did not contact WY, then we don't know why was thermoforming factory created on that planet [hopefully it's not "because it was a good planet candidate" :D]. Hopefully that will be explored in Alien Isolation, with corporation finding out that something unknown and interesting is located there. It would not be bad if the last shot of the game is Amanda landing on LV246 [to be extracted by teraforming factory builders in Alien Isolation 2].

Ash told the crew it looked like a SOS.. but

Ripley: Ash, that transmission... Mother's deciphered part of it. It doesn't look like an S.O.S.
Ash: What is it, then?
Ripley: Well, I... it looks like a warning. I'm gonna go out after them.
Ash: What's the point? I mean by the, the time it takes to get there, you'll... they'll know if it's a warning or not, yes?

Good man! I had completely forgotten that :yep2:

Ok, if they did not contact WY, then we don't know why was thermoforming factory created on that planet [hopefully it's not "because it was a good planet candidate" :D]. Hopefully that will be explored in Alien Isolation, with corporation finding out that something unknown and interesting is located there. It would not be bad if the last shot of the game is Amanda landing on LV246 [to be extracted by teraforming factory builders in Alien Isolation 2].

It could just have been that the planet was one of a few viable candidates for terraforming but it does seem like an odd coincidence. Alternatively, we don't know if the location of LV426 was transmitted back to Earth (sloooowly) by the Nostromo (Ash or Mother) to report the initial discovery. Given Weyland Yutani seems to be run by asshats, it's not inconceivable the company decided to colonise that particularly planet, perhaps over other viable candidate planets, because it may contain something interesting.

Lots of questions unanswered :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Alien hints that WY picked up on the beacon and Ash was planted in the crew to go there.

Lots of questions unanswered :yes:
If this game did do a good job of explaining stuff (and joining together films that weren't really part of a unified story), would that increase its sales? I think that'd contribute a lot myself. Something that really explains the origins of the first two films, and the aliens themselves, would add a lot to the game's story and increase the chances of it being a fan favourite.

Alien hints that WY picked up on the beacon and Ash was planted in the crew to go there.

And since that failed, there is a obvious chance that they decided to take chance two when they found out what happend during their first LV426 visit.

Acheron_HadleysHope_pan.PNG

The WY man, Burke, was the one that transmitted the cords to the colony so they could investigate the Alien Spaceship, causing the infestation to spread throughout the colony.

Clearly someone in WY had a great interest in getting an Alien to earth (always thought that would be the story for Alien 3, the invasion and destruction of Earth).

But since WY is mega coporation i wouldn't expect everyone to know what everyone does, so the terraforming of the planet could easily be planned and done by someone else without any link to the alien thing. And if you had placed an android onboard a ship, tried to get a Alien back to earth, and failed costing a complete spaceship and crew incl cargo to get lost, you wouldn't be busy telling everyone about that adventure :)

If this game did do a good job of explaining stuff (and joining together films that weren't really part of a unified story), would that increase its sales? I think that'd contribute a lot myself. Something that really explains the origins of the first two films, and the aliens themselves, would add a lot to the game's story and increase the chances of it being a fan favourite.

I'm actually hoping for the exact opposite. I want a lean, razor-sharp thrill ride with as little ponderous video game exposition as possible. I especially hope they won't try and explain away the creature itself.

Ditto. I am curious to see how the game turns out but it's not appealing to me from what I've seen. Navigating an environment while investigating what happened and solving puzzles to allow progression while occasionally trying to avoid the alien - at least that's my take so far.

But I'll be checking reviews carefully :yep2:

That was really great. I'm amazed at how the Alien franchise has been raped and left for dead for so many years, with ridiculously bad films and games, and then someone comes out with what looks like actual brains, a vision and a plan to make a game that makes sense!
I'll still wait for the reviews as we've been fooled before, but it looks like this will be a very nice experience.

I'm hoping for early reviews so that I can think about preordering the game and getting that Nostromo bonus content [crew mission is for everyone, Ripley's mission is for Gamestop/Game only :-/].

Back