Alien Isolation

Visually, I noticed heavy framerate problems during cinematics, and shader aliasing is one of the worst I have ever seen. IMO, worst aliasing on any PS4 game so far. This game is 1080p, but in some cases aliasing is so severe that it looks like I am playing software-rendered Doom 2. :)

It looked great in released videos, perhaps that was running on PC.

It looked great in released videos, perhaps that was running on PC.

Yep, die hard is on the money, scared it for a little hour, saw the same issues, really beautiful game with some insane lightning and at times the environment looks so good it could be real :)

And the sounds and music really perfects the atmosphere.

After few hours, I am truly amazed at the visuals, sound design [not only dynamic music, sound of NPCs and creaking station, but also very smart implementation of sounds that come from "interactive" objects around player] and overall atmosphere. That first encounter with the alien could easily kill someone if this was a game made for VR. :D

After few hours, I am truly amazed at the visuals, sound design [not only dynamic music, sound of NPCs and creaking station, but also very smart implementation of sounds that come from "interactive" objects around player] and overall atmosphere. That first encounter with the alien could easily kill someone if this was a game made for VR. :D

I am scared, doesn't help that i am a big pussy to begin with.. played for an hour or so last night.. had to stop.. SIGH!

This will be a tough one to play.. i absolutely love the design of this game, i would put it above pretty much anything i have ever seen in any video game. So much that i will suffer the pain of being scared just to "enjoy" the views.

I would absolutely love a game that built on the samme graphics etc and was completely different. Imagine running around on a space station like this and it would actually function. Like a Space Station Simulator game. Hopefully there will be some crazy mods done on the PC version, which i am considering anyway :)

Loving it so far. The first "combat" encounter with the humans was frustrating as hell, but once I got past that it's been a relatively smooth ride. I wonder what the difficulty settings do, by the way. The game recommends hard, but I've read on more than one occasion that you should do yourself a favor and play it on normal if you don't wanna get too frustrated. I've seen a couple of youtube vids of people playing it on hard, and the Alien basically popped out of nowhere every 2 or 3 minutes. Looked more annoying than fun and also rather silly. I'm hoping normal is gonna reign it in a little.

Also: man, what a great looking game this is. Atmosphere is thick enough to cut with a bayonette.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the game today. Are the cut scenes real time? Cut scenes have some weird framerate

I'm enjoying the PC edition - fully maxed out of course. :cool:

Visually the game is very clean... with some shader alaising present, but nothing to distracting. What makes this game truly shine is the audio and sound effects. Loving this game... haven't had this much fun with a Alien game since Aliens vs. Predators, on the Jaguar system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the game today. Are the cut scenes real time? Cut scenes have some weird framerate

On the PC they are real-time (weird shader alaising going on), but there is some odd moments where it looks disjointed from the actual gameplay.

On the PC they are real-time (weird shader alaising going on), but there is some odd moments where it looks disjointed from the actual gameplay.
The quality of the smoke/steam caught my eye during the cut scenes. They are very realistic in contrast to the in game smoke/steam. I think I have noticed some microblocking on them? But I am not quite sure.

The quality of the smoke/steam caught my eye during the cut scenes. They are very realistic in contrast to the in game smoke/steam. I think I have noticed some microblocking on them? But I am not quite sure.

I'm pretty sure LOD, lighting, shadowing and other effects, are increased during the cutscenes on conveying a more cinematic look. But the magically appearing forehead sweat (non-moving at that), I can do without. :/

Anyone on PC know how it handles multi monitor? I can't seem to find much info around on whether it correctly utilizes eyefinity/surround. I'm currently running an eyefinity setup but thinking of getting a 970 to drive them properly.

The game says it can pick sounds from the PS Camera, but I am not sure if it can pick also from the controller if you plack a mic

That's a silly design decision. :rolleyes:

Not really. The game is virtually centered on the aspect of being stealthy and foremost unseen. Plus, the save-stations are spaced out nicely, IMHO… not that much backtracking if you’re using the map regularly. Even if you do make it to a save station – it doesn’t mean you’re safe. Sometimes the SOB is inches away from you… so hiding in a locker becomes the norm. Which can be intense and funny at the same time.

Why shouldn't it save after a mission? Mission's over - I quit playing to take a break.

Why shouldn't it save after a mission? Mission's over - I quit playing to take a break.

That’s because the missions are quite linear... nothing a veteran first person gamer couldn’t handle. If you succeed at a task - the save-stations aren’t miles apart. Maybe a nuisance trip for some, but nothing that would force you to stop playing. The game is quite good... but to each his own.

Back