Alien Isolation

New CGI trailer.
Looks great, but now I'm little bummed out that game itself does not have this level of assets and IQ. :D

edit - new impressions and b-roll from Gamescom

Last edited by a moderator:
New CGI trailer.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMMmCf2Imvk">YouTube Link</a>
Looks great, but now I'm little bummed out that game itself does not have this level of assets and IQ. :D

edit - new impressions and b-roll from Gamescom
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdVMtuBmQzI">YouTube Link</a>

Eurogamer played it for several hours

why realistic? If you do realistic, it is 10x the effort on developers to avoid uncanny valley, and a lot of the potential to fail. Even huge CGI films with renderfarms tens or even hundreds of times more powerful than these consoles fail and fall into the uncanney valley. if you do stylized they can modify things as they please and come up with a great result

why realistic? If you do realistic, it is 10x the effort on developers to avoid uncanny valley, and a lot of the potential to fail. Even huge CGI films with renderfarms tens or even hundreds of times more powerful than these consoles fail and fall into the uncanney valley. if you do stylized they can modify things as they please and come up with a great result

I personally have little interest in stylized games. What I'm looking for is a video game that looks as realistic as a TV show. I don't care about HD or 60fps. 480p and 30fps is fine. What I am learning is pulling off near photorealistic graphics is all about making things look photorealistic when they are not. Due to The Dark Sorcerer Demo I am convinced getting past the uncanny valley is possible this generation. However, because it is cheaper and easier not to, 99% of games will be stylized.

In my opinion, no stylized game is a great result if they could have gotten closer to photorealism with more time and money.

Even huge CGI films with renderfarms tens or even hundreds of times more powerful than these consoles fail
Try 100,000x or millions times more power (remember consoles gotta do a frame 30/60x a second) these take seconds/minutes per frame
and yes these machine orders of magnitude more powerful can't do photo realistic moving human etc

it also depends on the game, for games with silly moments and crazy action scene like uncharted series i think stylized is more appriate. On the other hand for games like alien isolation, i think realistic graphic will be appropriate.

btw you can visit T.P. silent hill topic to see somebody edit the in-game image to photo realistic :D

GI's impressions after playing through first 8 hours of the game.

edit - added new version

Yeah, they removed it just after I posted it. :D Now I see that that they rehosted it.

edit - PC version, with few really big scares that made me jump

I have high hope for this game, everything I've seen or heard about it have been nothing but great not to mention the graphics look totally nextgen. Would be also cool if they can draw some reference to Prometheus too.

To be honest the less Prometheus has to do with the Alien franchise the better.

I really don't see the hate for Prometheus:(, the sense of mystery, back story and human,Engineer intervention in that movie really do give more depth to the Alien universe. I know it left with more questions than answers but wouldn't it be more suited for an Alien game to delve further into it?

I really don't see the hate for Prometheus:(, the sense of mystery, back story and human,Engineer intervention in that movie really do give more depth to the Alien universe. I know it left with more questions than answers but wouldn't it be more suited for an Alien game to delve further into it?

I didn't hate the movie, not at all, i kind a liked it actually, imho it was a branch off, it was cool for what it was, but i would prefer it not to be messing up LV426

Sure, I don't wanna take the main focus away either, but you know would be interesting if a few tidbits are mentioned in the audio logs that you pick up. I would personally like to see an evolution of the Xenomorph all the way back to its primordial form, with a bit more on some connections of that Prometheus alien to the Xenomorph's origin. It might be a little stretch but to me it's fascinating.

I really don't see the hate for Prometheus, the sense of mystery, back story and human,Engineer intervention in that movie really do give more depth to the Alien universe. I know it left with more questions than answers but wouldn't it be more suited for an Alien game to delve further into it?
It didn't fit. Treat it as a separate sci-fi movie not related to Aliens and it's an okay film. Try to watch it as an Aliens film as it's :oops: :???: :unsure::nope::mad::no:
Should be ignored regards the Alien canon.

Back