Afrika

Sankari

Regular
Originally posted by Bithydead in the PS3forums.

I've got the latest version of Playstation 2 Official Magazine here and this is what it says about Afrika...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS2 Mag
At last! Just what every PS3 naturalist has been waiting for - a savannah simulator. And (we've been waiting to say this for years) it's got the most realistic giraffes we've ever seen. As it stands, there's no sign of anything so course as actual gameplay in this tech-demo, but we're assured it isn't along the lines of Cabela's Big Poacher. Instead, it's a virtual safari enabling animal enthusiasts to get up close to exotic beasts without the risk of a savaging. As a bonus, at the moment, it doesn't seem to be set in the near-future.

So there you have it folks, mystery revealed

Perhaps not a game for me but some people might like it. :)

Not sure how that would be fun, unless the graphics were semi photorealistic and the animals behaved realisticly (full on attacks on other animals and such). Theres gotta be more to the gameplay than just walking around animals.

could be mother of screensavers, that runs when your home entertainment system (ps3) is left unused

At last! Just what every PS3 naturalist has been waiting for - a savannah simulator. And (we've been waiting to say this for years) it's got the most realistic giraffes we've ever seen.

It's also the only game I've ever seen giraffes in... :p

It's also the only game I've ever seen giraffes in... :p

Hot shots Golf 5
1127_0008.jpg

:LOL:

http://www.playsyde.com/leech_2904_en.html

Giraffes are common in games compared to gnu's!

Afrika was my favourite demo of E3, and I'm glad if there actually is going to be a product based on that.
I don't mind if it's just a screensaver, but some interactivity with the animals would be nice.
As a demo of new tech and amazing graphics, it'd be even fun just exploring the savannahs and jungles, maybe photographing and videoing the animals and scenery.
Sure, it'd be limited fun and likely to get old after the awe of the graphics wears off, but a nice entertainment between the more action orientated games.

No rocket launchers?! :devilish:

Ahaha that would be hilarious. They should make a Resistance: Fall of Men level out of it.

If it's a savanah simulator, then I expect an in-game camera, a realistic weather simulator, and a simulated food chain ecology (kinda like a fish tank)

Rocket launcher + animals always seem to remind me of that south park episode where they are hunting. "Its coming right for us!" when the animal is actually standing still, just to make it legal to shoot it with a rocket launcher, naturally. :)

Back