Ads problem

Tokelil

Regular
On every page (mainpages and forum) Im getting a login box from:
ads.ad-flow.com

And the ads aren't shown... Only a text with:
"You dont have access to this page." (Or what ever it translates to...)

Eh i don't mind the adds if it helps keeps this website up i'm all for them.. heh let them add one at the bottom if they want .

jvd said:
Eh i don't mind the adds if it helps keeps this website up i'm all for them.. heh let them add one at the bottom if they want .
To be honest, when I'm at work I don't really mind either, but when at home using the 56k modem .....

Yes I accept cookies!

Those ads are based on where you come from, right? Might have to send a mail to the ad company instead then...

Actually it ain't fixed! :(
I thought it was fixed because I temperaly ran through a proxy, but now that I don't Im having the same problem. I also have the same problem on other sites... Anyone knows who I can write so they can fix it?

If it becomes irritating enough, block the ad website in your hosts file.

Of course, if you feel guilty, send Dave a check for lost adv revenue. $5 ought to cover it for a few years.

Its not like I get the ad anyway! Just a login box and after cancel a blank page with access denied... :?

I guess it some kind of punishment for living in Denmark... :devilish: (Lokal ads)

I thought the punishment for living in Denmark was all the Swedes that take the ferry over to buy cheap alchohol.

/fond memories of riding the hydrofoil with drunk swedes

You are right of course!! My bad...
I just thought that maybe another conspiracy had hit Denmark. You just doesn't know... :devilish:

Sorry that went a bit OT...

Anyway, I have the same problem on Rage3D, driverheaven.net, aceshardware, arstechnica.com (twice on the frontpage), hothardware (twice), and probably anyone else using ad-flow... So this isn’t really a Beyond3D problem any more... :(
I guess I’ll try your trick with the hosts file.

Ah I fixed it... Sorry about the trouble!
It seems like some program has put a lot of sites in my hosts file, (thx RussSchultz for pointing me in the right direction!) directing them to my local IP. And since my computer is running IIS it gave a permission denied! :?

Guess you learn something every day after all... :LOL:

I'm getting constant "The operation timed out when attempting to contact ads.ad-flow.com" pop-up error messages on the forums, probaly every time the ad cycles (meaning multiple times per page view). I'm using Moz 1.4 w/ cookies enabled, medium privacy settings.

Anyone else?

Pete said:
I'm getting constant "The operation timed out when attempting to contact ads.ad-flow.com" pop-up error messages on the forums, probaly every time the ad cycles (meaning multiple times per page view). I'm using Moz 1.4 w/ cookies enabled, medium privacy settings.

Anyone else?
I am as well. Using Firebird 0.6, nothing in the hosts file, accepting cookies, etc.

RussSchultz said:
If it becomes irritating enough, block the ad website in your hosts file.

Of course, if you feel guilty, send Dave a check for lost adv revenue. $5 ought to cover it for a few years.

Give my lunch money to Dave? :?

Let's see...

lunch or Dave?

:LOL:

They are both so good. ;) :LOL:

RussSchultz said:
Are you sure that address isn't in your hosts file?
It's not. It's the way the ad is interacting with either Mozilla or my firewall, I suppose. Oddly, it doesn't happen with every B3D forum window (tab, actually) I have open--only some seem to constantly refresh in vain, with a regular error msg.

Yup yup, exactly the same here.

Although it doesn't seem to do it on this box (did it on two others today)... hmmm.

Back