Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 7.0 released

Diplo said:
Well, if it loads up in under 30 minutes, then it's a damn improvement over V6...
You know you can speed up loading by removing some of the "pre-loaded" options...

/me goes away to find the instructions....

This is on Reader 6.0:

Go to your Acrobat\Reader folder and take everything from
the "plug_ins" folder and move it into "Optional" except the following:
Search.api, Search5.api, IA32.api, EWH32.api, EScript.api.

Printing and search will still work, and it will load 75% faster.

I got Acrobat 7 Professional and it is a useful tool and a lot faster than 6 was. I have all the preloaded options turned off and even then the software is way faster han 6. Very nice. I especially like the create your own form pdf thingy...have not played around with it yet...

suryad said:
I got Acrobat 7 Professional and it is a useful tool and a lot faster than 6 was. I have all the preloaded options turned off and even then the software is way faster han 6. Very nice. I especially like the create your own form pdf thingy...have not played around with it yet...

if u wanna make PDFs, use Open Office, you can export anything to PDF from there.....
you can even import M$ files and export as PDF.....pretty cool. :)

silence said:
suryad said:

if u wanna make PDFs, use Open Office, you can export anything to PDF from there.....
you can even import M$ files and export as PDF.....pretty cool. :)

You can do this with CutePDF too, which is free. Installs as a printer drives, so you can use it from any application that can print.

Yes Acrobat Distiller is the printer thing you are talking about. There is something else also called Adobe Designer which enables you to create fat Adobe forms of various kinds. Very professional looking. Very nice.

Back