Adding Wireless to existing network HELP!

wireframe said:
I wish that were true. I guess it is, but then it's all up to what "pretty decent" means. I think the market for these things is saturated with junk. I wish just one of them would begin to charge $200-300 for stuff that actually works instead of these $100 units that come across as incredible in the specifications and then completely fail in practice (with a sizeable amount of them getting future firmware revisions that actually disable advertized features to make up for other shortcomings in the product). :cry:

Don't know what you're doing with yours, but I've got two (needed the second temporarily for having two households temporarily) I paid less than $50/each and that work just fine. A Netgear and an Airlink.

Thanks Guys

Just like to say thanks to all who replied to this post.

I now have a linksys wireless router connected to my cable modem, my existing switch and my girlfriends new Centrino mobile via wireless magic :D

And it's all working great!

Thanks again :)

sir doris said:
Just like to say thanks to all who replied to this post.

I now have a linksys wireless router connected to my cable modem, my existing switch and my girlfriends new Centrino mobile via wireless magic :D

And it's all working great!

Thanks again :)

Isn't it awesome when this stuff works? Congrats! :D

Back