A Video of Valve's New Portal Game

I was talking with Robert and we were saying Sony should make a deal with Valve to provide the back-end for PSN to handle friends, Voice chat, game invites etc etc. Seems like it would be a smart deal. Sony is behind the game, and Valve is pretty much on par and in some ways ahead of Live.

That's a pretty good idea, scrap the entire current setup and go with Valve's setup which is fairly complete, and standardize it across all games. Could be huge if that happened.

Yeah, and it would be relatively easy for developers to handle, since many of them will already have experience with it on PC (and now Mac, and soon also Linux). Sony partnering with Valve for infrastructure and Google for OS or Browser - now there's a thought. ;)

I'll take a first see then believe attitude, but it would definitely be interesting, that's for sure. For now I'm expecting that Portal 2 at least will have a lot of Steam's features - beyond that, no idea. But it could definitely become an important test-case for both parties.

That's a pretty good idea, scrap the entire current setup and go with Valve's setup which is fairly complete, and standardize it across all games. Could be huge if that happened.

It would blow my mind to see a string of PS3 & PC released games with no 360 version in the mix. Of course that would make little sense ;) Upcoming FF14 and The Agency are of course MMOs...........

Back