A gay mystery....

I'm intrigued to know the answer to this really so....

Why do gay people "sound" gay?

Whilst I haven't seen an appreciable number fo gay people, the ones I have come across all "sound" gay/camp. Why? Does something physiological happen to their vocal chords or is it a big put on?

I guess the same goes for their mannerisms. Bit like John Inman on "Are you being served" if you can remember that far back. I just don't get it !! :LOL:

Sorry if I'm sounding like I'm stereotyping or generalising, but as I said the ones I have come across all sound and behave the same !! :?:

Thats only the queeniest of the bitchy mcqueens

Ok no thats l-b

I dunno, you just get some like that, but a lot don't. It's the campness factor I'm sure of it. The funniest thing is big fat camp guys, it just looks wrong. Espcially when they work in salons.

I've been wondering the same myself for a long time.

I mean, some people say it's because they try to sound like women, but women don't sound like that.

Don't know. I'm the non-camp-sounding variety.

Funny, all the camp gay men I know have nothern accents. "Hello loov, I'm Brian, I'm from Stockport".

i know quite a few who sound eeh, quite normal male :)

its probably a means of signal sending for some i guess

"HI i'm sounding Gaahay! welcome into my Radahrrr "

hey69 said:
i know quite a few who sound eeh, quite normal male :)

its probably a means of signal sending for some i guess

"HI i'm sounding Gaahay! welcome into my Radahrrr "

It's Gaydar. U know... Radar... Gaydar...

i've only ever *known* two gay people...

one was a short poncey little twat, who skipped along like a little school gril and sounded like a 12 yr old

the other was a tall perfectly normal sounding bloke who was a decent chap.

so not all gays are as camp as a row of tents.

they are just messing with strait peoples heads .

Its like black people pretending to like pork grinds . They taste horrible and yet they still eat them confusing us white folk .

It's just "cool", kinda like script kiddies using hacker vocabulary. Most true gays I know don't talk like that, just those who want to emphasize "Look here, I'm gay".

london-boy said:
sytaylor said:
You have a southern accent, therefore you sound camp. It's just the way it is!

I don't talk. I only communicate through internet forums.

So those phone bills are just you trying to find new ways to communicate through internet forums? Wait, they were!!!

sytaylor said:
london-boy said:
sytaylor said:
You have a southern accent, therefore you sound camp. It's just the way it is!

I don't talk. I only communicate through internet forums.

So those phone bills are just you trying to find new ways to communicate through internet forums? Wait, they were!!!

[blonde]
Well it did say "mobile phone with modem included"!!!
[/blonde]

jvd said:
they are just messing with strait peoples heads .

Its like black people pretending to like pork grinds . They taste horrible and yet they still eat them confusing us white folk .

Ok i spit my cereal at that one. :LOL: :LOL: :)

Natoma is one of those black politically involved gay men. Camp as fuck. :LOL:

(anyone watching the british Big Brother will understand that)

Back