9700 FSAA: Did the Doom 3 pics show OGSS or something else?

Pete

Moderate Nuisance
Legend
Just curious if the press shots of Doom 3 revealed the 9700's FSAA implementation, or if we'll have to wait for review cards to see it accurately described.

If _I_ remember correctly, the question whether those screenshots actually came from a R300 was never answered by either id or ATi to begin with. Yes, the presentation was ran on R300, but the screenshots? Could just as well have been id's main development platform GF4Ti.

ta,
-Sascha.rb

If _I_ remember correctly, the question whether those screenshots actually came from a R300 was never answered by either id or ATi to begin with. Yes, the presentation was ran on R300, but the screenshots? Could just as well have been id's main development platform GF4Ti.

So you actually think that the GF4 is capable of running Doom 3 with 4x AA???

Personally I think the screenshots from E3 were taken from the R300. The IQ is just to perfect to have been from a GF4.

Hellbinder[CE said:
]
So you actually think that the GF4 is capable of running Doom 3 with 4x AA???
fast enough to allow for screenshots? most definetely. ;)

Personally I think the screenshots from E3 were taken from the R300. The IQ is just to perfect to have been from a GF4.
The R300 would be another possible screenshot platform, agreed. But please do enlighten us how you come to the conclusion that the IQ is too perfect for a GF4, especially without having seen one single (official) screenshot of what the Radeon9700 is capable of doing for comparison.

And when you're at it, mind answer my original posting: have either id or ATi (or NV, for that matter ;) ) said anything about the platform the screenshots were made on? Until the question is answered, discussing R300's MSAA quality on basis of said screenshots is a moot point. And THAT was the point of my original posting. Not ATi-bashing.

ta,
-Sascha.rb

Back