5900Ultra review at [H]ard OCP

Discussion in 'Graphics and Semiconductor Industry' started by micron, Jul 15, 2003.

1. WaltC

Veteran

BelleVue Sanatorium, Billary, NY. Patient privile
    As long as the case is convincingly made and proven, bias becomes not only unimportant, but invisible, IMO. Bias is most apparent when you support points you either fail to justify, or don't even attempt to justify.

Well, I don't think you'd have to do that as often many reviews simply copy the bias and errors of an earlier review done elsewhere, so that if you can trace down what you consider to be "the review" on which the others hinge, you can address most of them by addressing that review.

Stealing content = reproducing it as though you originated it

Doing a critique of a review in which the important material is your own would not be stealing material.

Actually, this kind of thing is being done and has been done for a long time. It really isn't necessary to quote someone else's review to do a critique on it--you need only restate the flawed concepts in the review you wish to rectify. Most often the material addressed by the critique need not be directly attributed for your readership to ascertain its source.

2. Ollo

Newcomer

3. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Shameless, absolutely blatant and shameless site pimping.... :roll: ;)

I sort of like the ROAR feature, it seems very us. :)

When y'all gonna post one up about the [H] UT2k3 one, I tried posting one up but it wouldn't let me.... :|

4. hjs

hjs
    Newcomer

5. digitalwanderer

Legend

(I was kidding! ;) )

6. StealthHawk

Regular

Did anyone else notice that Brent changed his signature and no longer has the "Benchmark slayer" part in it. Guess this new change of attitude is reflected in his UT2003 filtering article :(

7. digitalwanderer

Legend

"[T]ardOCP is back with Bent Justice, SEIG KYLE!"

:(