3DMark2003 - What kind of user are you?

What kind of 3DMark2003 user are you?

• I used to use 3DMark2003, but I no longer use it due to Nvidia's cheating and Futuremark's lack of a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've never used 3DMark2003 as I don't think it's a useful benchmark.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Given all the recent threads on 3Dmark2003, the problems with websites reviewing with un-approved drivers, and Futuremark's methods of policing their benchmark, I thought it would be interesting to see what effect the situation has had on end users.

Did you used to be a 3DMark user? Have you abandoned it in light of recent happenings? Is it still a useful benchmark?

It used to be useful. Now it's not, but not because of NVIDIA's actions. It's useful because back in early to mid 2003, there were no PS2.0 benchmarks. Now that they're out, we don't need 3DMark03 for anything anymore.

I picked up a copy, and it has since gathered dust due to my disgust in regards to the weak way Futuremark has handled themselves. They let nVidia walk all over them, pass around bad PR, and they did NOTHING to defend themselves until months later, by which time it was too late. 3DMark03 is a dead product in terms of reviews, the few sites which still use it often put disclaimers at the bottom saying you should ignore the results.

Glorious.

How about this option:
I still use 3DMark03 sometimes. Just for system stability and OC tests, nothing as 3D Rendering speed tests. :LOL: :LOL:

The Baron said:
It used to be useful. Now it's not, but not because of NVIDIA's actions. It's useful because back in early to mid 2003, there were no PS2.0 benchmarks. Now that they're out, we don't need 3DMark03 for anything anymore.

Are you sure about that? Tommy (ShaderMark) has already caught them "optimizing" for his benchmark :)

Richteralan said:
How about this option:
I still use 3DMark03 sometimes. Just for system stability and OC tests, nothing as 3D Rendering speed tests. :LOL: :LOL:

I second that.

Richteralan said:

Yep, me too. Although I do benchmark the system "against itself" to check tweaks etc.

MuFu.

MightyPez said:
Frankly, I've never used 3dMark2003. I have used 3dMark03 though. And still do.
knifing.gif

(Nobody likes a spelling/grammer nazi.
uhhaha.gif
)

I still use it. More as a system test (after i got new drivers, graphics cards f.e) though.

But i still think that we need 3D Mark as a graphics test. I know that i've learned a lot about the GF FX because of 3D Mark. And i know that i will be interested to see which one of the NV40 and R420 is faster in the next 3D Mark.

It's been quite a while since I've benchmarked my PC, actually. . . Then again it's also been a while since I've played any games.

digitalwanderer said:
MightyPez said:
Frankly, I've never used 3dMark2003. I have used 3dMark03 though. And still do.
knifing.gif

(Nobody likes a spelling/grammer nazi.
uhhaha.gif
)

I'm just joshing. It's a minor annoying that I have since I'm a regular at FM. That and the confusion between "loose" and "lose".

I just tried it on the 9600 XT I'm playing with ... however, it always loses focus after the load screen of Gametest 2. :? Hmmm, probably the borked old W2k install I used up until now.

cu

incurable

Richteralan said:
How about this option:

Yeah, that's the way I used it last time I ran it. The reason I use it less than 3DMark 2001 is because the free version is extremely limited and quite useless, and I don't feel like the pro version is worth the price. 3DMark 2001 was more useful because the free version let me run separate tests at different settings.

Back