[360] Fable III

Anyone know how long the LE quest is? Is it worth it? I don't care for the other LE content. Just the gameplay bit.

Found a Limited or Collector's edition today. Tonight is Fable night, and next week is going to be my Fable 3 staycation.

This just in folks!

fJWzx.png

MEGATON!

Wow, that guy's an idiot if he thinks anybody will believe him. The most obvious lie being the Playstation blog posted about it thing.

Still very early on, but I'm likin' it. If you didn't like Fable 2, it would probably be a good idea to stay away. It's an action adventure game, not an RPG (as video gamers define them). So far I haven't been able to see the weapon progression, because I just got my weapons. I really like the sanctuary in place of a heavy menu system. And you can actually jump back and forth from it very quickly. I was worried it would be hampered by load times. Not that the menus in Fable 2 weren't slow to load, especially the items screens. I'm not sure if you can do things like the sock puppet show for a crowd of people anymore. It seems the interaction is geared to one on one. They've really simplified the interactions. They're well animated, but easier to do, and I'm not sure you can fail horribly like you could in Fable 2. That's maybe my only complaint so far. Some of those failures in Fable 2 were great, and it was nice seeing a crowd go wild as you fist pumped for glory.

Argh... just put in Fable II last night and was reminded how charming the game was. I may put this off until the holidays though. :( Still waiting for news on PC version.

Playing on the PC would be great, but I think I'd still want to use a gamepad. The framerate seems fairly low a lot of times, but the game has a great look about it, even though it doesn't seem to be a technical marvel. Playing on the PC with a smoother framerate would be nice.

I hope they keep gamepad support. :) But yeah, I was mainly thinking about framerate as I didn't have much of an issue with the resolution or filtering given the "dreamy" art style.

I saw a bit of the intro gameplay choices on youtube and it got me more excited about the game than anything else I've seen.

I'm not sure if you can do things like the sock puppet show for a crowd of people anymore. It seems the interaction is geared to one on one. They've really simplified the interactions. They're well animated, but easier to do, and I'm not sure you can fail horribly like you could in Fable 2. That's maybe my only complaint so far. Some of those failures in Fable 2 were great, and it was nice seeing a crowd go wild as you fist pumped for glory.

I know I should RTFM, but I still haven't figured out the timing for the interactions in regards to what people like. Any pointers? I can see some visual cues when holding A, but I've yet to determine what they all mean (the hand glow, the different patterns on the light ring around the A, etc). Like you, I just started, so I only have a handful of interactions (the first group you get after handshake).

I just got the next set of interactions, so I've only done handshake and belch. From what I can tell, you just hold the button for the interaction and let go of the button when the icon flashes. So if you press 'A' for handshake, you'll see that little line start to circle the 'A' icon. Just as the circle is complete, it will flash and say "release". If you release it perfectly, you'll do a special handshake, "Slap! Slap! Punch! ..... Yes!"

First impression!

I don't know about you guys but I had fairly low expectations for Fable 3. I loved the original Fable and was, overall, disappointed with Fable 2. Naturally I figured Fable 3 would be more of the same. Thankfully--I'm wrong. After spending a few hours with it I'm surprisingly impressed with a lot of the game.

Some reviewers complained about the graphics but I think they’re much improved. Textures appear crisper, the frame rate is more solid and the lighting is at times amazing. I've already come across several vista that stopped me in my tracks. Clearly it blows away anything I saw in Fable 2. Plus I didn’t expect the aesthetics to change as much as it has. Fable 3 just feels a little more grown-up. I know that sounds odd, but to put it to an analogy, it’s kind of like going from Ocarina of Time to Twilight Princess.

There was a patch released yesterday and I think it might have addressed some technical issues because I've not had a single issue yet (crosses fingers).

The combat appears to be about the same as Fable 2 unfortunately, but at least you can infuse bullets with lightening and stuff like that.

I like the idea of ditching the traditional XP system for something like Twitter, er, followers.

The Sanctuary is the most surprising of it all. I enjoy the virtual interpolation of the achievements, menus and treasure. I thought it would be annoying, but it's both interesting and fun (thanks to Jeeves)! I didn’t expect it to be so responsive too. It’s just nice to have something different in terms of how these things are represented.

What I am annoyed with is the mapping system. I can appreciate how it’s represented in the Sanctuary, but this game is in dire need of a mini-map. They’re popular in these types of games (Peter!) for a very good reason.
It took me a bit to figure out how to manage quests too. I checked the manual, looked around the (virtual) menus and just couldn’t figure it out. It was frustrating. I eventually fumbled upon the system the map in the sanctuary. What you need to do is highlight a quest marker with the magnifying glass, select it, and then acknowledge that it’s the quest you would like to make current. Ok fine. It’s not that big of a deal now that I’ve got the hang of it, but I do think a quest log should be accessible via a button (like the back button, which does nothing!)

Overall, the gameplay, look and feel of the game is great. Looking forward to seeing where this thing goes…

I just got the next set of interactions, so I've only done handshake and belch. From what I can tell, you just hold the button for the interaction and let go of the button when the icon flashes. So if you press 'A' for handshake, you'll see that little line start to circle the 'A' icon. Just as the circle is complete, it will flash and say "release". If you release it perfectly, you'll do a special handshake, "Slap! Slap! Punch! ..... Yes!"

Interesting. I thought there was something more to it than that. Thanks.That's pretty much what I've been doing.

I am wondering why people don't like Fable 2 and now like Fable 3??
So, is Fable 3 comparable to Fable 2 or not?!
I liked Fable 2 a lot and hope that Fable 3 is an evolution to this game...

I am wondering why people don't like Fable 2 and now like Fable 3??
So, is Fable 3 comparable to Fable 2 or not?!
I liked Fable 2 a lot and hope that Fable 3 is an evolution to this game...

I would think that if you really enjoyed Fable 2, you'll enjoy Fable 3. They are very similar, at least to me. There are some nice improvements, like the Sanctuary, but I do agree with Warcrow that a mini-map would be nice. The Sanctuary map is an approximation of the real map, not showing all of the buildings. So sometimes it makes navigation tricky, because you're only really seeing landmarks rather than the whole thing. And even though going to and from the sanctuary is fast, nothing is as fast as a mini-map.

I'll stress than I'm early in the game, so I haven't really explored the the progression of the weapons and magic. The first weapons you get are a basic hammer and sword, but I later got another hammer and when I checked the info it had a number of challenges to complete with that hammer equipped for bonuses. Seems like an interesting way to make weapons interesting. I'm not sure if completing those things will make the weapon more powerful, but some give gold etc. An example would be lowering your morality score with that weapon equipped, kill x number of a type of creature. An interesting one I saw said something like, "Bring X number of people to work." I'm assuming that means you have to hand hold them and drag them into a mining pit or a rock yard. ha ha ha.

Dressing up is better, because you can save a number of outfits so that they're quickly available, a feature that Little Big Planet had, if I remember correctly.

I just gained the ability to buy property, so I haven't messed with that either. Haven't been married, or had kids. Haven't tried co-op.

I would think that if you really enjoyed Fable 2, you'll enjoy Fable 3. They are very similar, at least to me. There are some nice improvements, like the Sanctuary, but I do agree with Warcrow that a mini-map would be nice. The Sanctuary map is an approximation of the real map, not showing all of the buildings. So sometimes it makes navigation tricky, because you're only really seeing landmarks rather than the whole thing. And even though going to and from the sanctuary is fast, nothing is as fast as a mini-map.

I'll stress than I'm early in the game, so I haven't really explored the the progression of the weapons and magic. The first weapons you get are a basic hammer and sword, but I later got another hammer and when I checked the info it had a number of challenges to complete with that hammer equipped for bonuses. Seems like an interesting way to make weapons interesting. I'm not sure if completing those things will make the weapon more powerful, but some give gold etc. An example would be lowering your morality score with that weapon equipped, kill x number of a type of creature. An interesting one I saw said something like, "Bring X number of people to work." I'm assuming that means you have to hand hold them and drag them into a mining pit or a rock yard. ha ha ha.

Dressing up is better, because you can save a number of outfits so that they're quickly available, a feature that Little Big Planet had, if I remember correctly.

I just gained the ability to buy property, so I haven't messed with that either. Haven't been married, or had kids. Haven't tried co-op.

?
But navigation in Fable 2 was easy as it could be?
You always have this golden trail to follow - this was one of the features, a lazy gamer like me enjoyed the most. I could just follow this golden trail, without running around searching for the way!
Is this golden trail navigation system in Fable 3 in?

Back