[360] Fable III

lol you guys are crackin me up.

Played some co-op with a friend earlier today to open a demon door that required us to tickle each other or something (I was in the kitchen while my friend was having his way with my character), when I came back the door was open and he was able to open a chest and get some kind of sword, while I just got some gold.

I thought the co-op was set up pretty well, can't wait to finish the game so I can really take my time and just mess around in the world with a friend.

So worth it or not?

I've played the other 2 and haven't picked a game up in a while (Halo Reach was my last purchase) and was thinking of getting this or the SW Force Unleashed 2.

So worth it or not?

I've played the other 2 and haven't picked a game up in a while (Halo Reach was my last purchase) and was thinking of getting this or the SW Force Unleashed 2.

If you liked Fable 2, then F3 is great. SW looks to be a rental due to it's very short campaign and generally poor reviews. Fable, you can easily sink a ton of hours into it. The side quests are quite well done and the charm of Fable is ever present throughout.

I played Fable 2 enough to enjoy it, but once I finished the campaign (co-op with you or Al), I didn't play it again.

Also, the wife seems to be wanting Kinect...I'm still on the fence. So my dilemma is to get Kinect and wait for a used version or to pick Fable III up now.

Generally wise to please the wifey first. ;) Much less headache in the long run. :D

Myself I'm waiting regardless since I'm going to get the PC version.

Regards,
SB

Finished the game last night and there are ton of quests that open up after the main story is completed. The story is greatly improved over Fable 2 without losing any of it's charm. The act before becoming King was very well done. The story is always ramping up and had good intensity similar to Mass Effect 1.

There are only 3 things I didn't like about Fable 3.
1. The expression wheel and system from Fable 2 is better. This is a step backwards
2. Technical issues. In the beginning the game has severe slowdowns and yet somehow as I played more, the gameplay got smoother. The slowdown became less and less even though I was in the same area and generally asking more from the system (super spell and such)
3. Glitches. While I'm lucky to have only experienced the mute butler glitch, others have not been as lucky.

Aside from those 3 issues, everything else is greatly improved over Fable 2 to the point that Fable 3 dispalced Fable 2 as my game of the generation. I never stop having fun playing a Fable game.

Once I complete all the side quests and clean up most of the achievements, I'm going to start a new evil character. The evil choice just seem so much fun. Can't wait to see how the landscape and people change.

If anyone is playing through as a pure good character, money is you best friend.

I don't suppose there's a thread on some forum out there listing the glitches. :p :( Hope they can fix them.

I don't suppose there's a thread on some forum out there listing the glitches. :p :( Hope they can fix them.

The main one is your butler going mute, which isn't an issue once you get past the tutorial stages. I'm sure Lionhead forums has a glitch sticky of some sort.

I'll get back to you on that when I get the PC vers-..... :p (It'll have to wait until someone else does some captures :().

Back