3 m PSP's already sold worldwide according to sony

you guys already claiming a ngage is better then a psp now?

:rolleyes:
oh boy

btw, the ngage QD doesnt have stereo sound , it's MONO
the original ngage you is a monster to hold

ok we get your point, psp sucks now lets move on

I really respect the ngage as for as a phone with extras. But a handheld console with extras NO.

What I'm trying to say is as far as handhelds go if a person wants a true handheld with extra features the PSP is the obvious way to go. Especially two years from now.
________
Easy Vape Reviews

Last edited by a moderator:

No we are claiming that the ngage was a multimedia handheld device at a low price point before the psp was even out .

You can get a ngage qd for 50$ . That is a phone , flash player , real player , mp3 player and video game unit for 50$ which is the very definition of a multimedia device .

The psp is still at 250$ so thus the psp wont be the first multimedia device at an appealing price .

Guys, have you tried using an n-gage? Seriously?

It's a piece of shit. Video's run at low framerates, you have to turn the unit sideways to see them, they're terribly low res, the colour is shit, the sound output is awful, and you need to BUY a piece of software to get them working on there. Worst of all, the screen is TINY, you can barely see the video.

Comparing the multimedia capabilities of N-Gage to PSP is hilarious. You anti-PSP mob just keep coming up with the most ridiculous arguments.

Why not just get over the fact you don't like PSP and let it be? I don't like DS but you don't see me jumping over every DS thread telling you what a piece of crap it is.

OK, jvd, but what I'm saying is that nobody worth a damn has put these features into a device at that price range. Granted, Sony hasn't yet, either, but until they do, or until somebody else does who people actually care about, it won't mean a thing.

***edit***

Hehehe, I wasn't even aware that nGage is that big a piece of crap. :)

What I'm trying to say is as far as handhelds go if a person wants a true handheld with extra features the PSP is the obvious way to go. Especially two years from now.
if by handheld you mean "handheld gaming device" i agree with you wholeheartedly. the PSP already has better gaming support than the ngage.

at some things, yes. the PSP is a nice device but it isn't the best at everything it does.

btw, the ngage QD doesnt have stereo sound , it's MONO
nor does it have the FM radio or support audio playback out of the box (easily fixed with a 3rd part app, but still lacking stereo sound). while i'm complaining about the QD i'll bring up the lack of a USB port.

the launch of the PSP has created a very polarized environment for handheld gaming. any criticism sparks a lengthy "OMFG he just said the ngage is better" argument. some people claim the PSP isn't competing with the DS because it offers more than gaming and shoots for an older demographic. but if you compare it to another device that targets the same audience with similar features and point out the older device had some features that were superior in some ways you get crucified.

see colon, I guess we can probably agree that nobody has nailed this "portable multimedia fun machine" yet. Not Nokia, not Tapwave, not Sony. But after comparing the devices and the companies who make them, I think the PSP is, for now, the machine with the best shot at bringing us closer to the inevitable time when people walk around with "do-anything" multimedia "Walkmans" in their pockets.

Meantime, I'm diggin' it, too.

I guess we can probably agree that nobody has nailed this "portable multimedia fun machine" yet.
agreed

I think the PSP is, for now, the machine with the best shot at bringing us closer to the inevitable time when people walk around with "do-anything" multimedia "Walkmans" in their pockets.
i think judging by the offerings so far sony is the company that will bring us closer to the DAMWIYP (Do Anything Multimedia Walkman In Your Pants). the point i was making before was that the PSP is great for gaming, but it's multimedia features lack compared to stand alone devices or even other DAMWIYP's.

some will be quick to point out that the multimedia functions are "free" or "bonus", and that's true. but that just cements the PSP more in the gaming realm than the DAMWIYP realm.

No one is arguing that the psp does these things better than the ngage (though with 3rd party apps as said the ngage does some things better )

I would hope that something released 2 years later would do tehse things better .

But I am mearly pointing out that the ngage has already delivered what the psp has at a much lower price point .

In the future another do it all device will come out and upstage the psp. That doesn't take away from what the psp has acomplished . It simply what is . The psp launching after the ngage doesn't take away from the ngage that it was infact the first portable that was able to do all these things

But I am mearly pointing out that the ngage has already delivered what the psp has at a much lower price point .

No it hasn't. That's like saying that the TNT2 has already delivered what the Geforce 6800 Ultra has at a lower price point.

mech said:

No it hasn't. That's like saying that the TNT2 has already delivered what the Geforce 6800 Ultra has at a lower price point.

No that its like saying the r300 has already delivered what the r420 has .

The ngage does all the psp does and more at a lower price point . and has done it 2 years before

neither analogy realy works, since video cards only have one function (to accelerate video), the the PSP and the NGage have multiple functions.

Okay then.. according to jvd's argument..

The PSOne did everything the PS2 did, and at a lower price point....

My point is, it's about the QUALITY at which it does it. I can get a crappy 17" CRT, and it does "everything" a good quality 24" Dell CRT does, except at a much lower quality.

Do you not understand why your argument is flawed?

The PSOne did everything the PS2 did, and at a lower price point....

My point is, it's about the QUALITY at which it does it. I can get a crappy 17" CRT, and it does "everything" a good quality 24" Dell CRT does, except at a much lower quality.

Do you not understand why your argument is flawed?
but the ngage plays industry standard AAC's right of of the box. as an audio player it has some capabilities that outpace the PSP. do you understand why your argument is flawed?

furthermore, a psone doesn't do everything a ps2 can do. ps2's play DVD's and has suport for USB devices.

beyond that the psone and ps2 aren't even competing products. they had a 5+ year launch difference and are made by the same company.

and your CRT argument isn't the same either because CRT's only have one purpose (to display images on). CRT's and video cards are pieced of a multimedia system, the PSP and ngage are multimedia systems.

a better analogy would be 2 fax machines. one might have a much higher print quality, while the other's phone handset might have beter sound.

Uh... righto.... if you're going to get that picky...

The N-Gage CAN'T do everything PSP can. It can't read UMDs, it can't filter textures, it can't display as many pixels, it can't display as many colours, it can't use wi-fi, it can't use memory stick duo...

See how pointless this is?

Fax machines... right...

The N-Gage CAN'T do everything PSP can. It can't read UMDs, it can't filter textures, it can't display as many pixels, it can't display as many colours, it can't use wi-fi, it can't use memory stick duo...
is it that hard for you to admit that the psp isn't perfect? just because something that is older can outdo the psp in certain areas doesn't take away from the areas where the psp excels. nothing i say is going to make you "get it", so i'm giving up.

is it that hard for you to admit that the psp isn't perfect?

Not at all. PSP isn't perfect.

ust because something that is older can outdo the psp in certain areas doesn't take away from the areas where the psp excels.

Not sure what you're talking about here. The only reason I replied to this thread was because of jvd's choice quote:

Also, in which areas (do you believe) N-Gage has outdone PSP? I'm curious, not trolling. Because I've got an N-Gage (not a QD) and I find the PSP blows the N-Gage away in every area.

Unless you're talking about AAC support... which IMO isn't very flash hot, but I CAN see how some people might want that. I don't know many people who rip to AAC though, and iTunes songs won't play on N-Gage anyway...

Doesn't PSP support ATRAC anyway? Great, so each handheld supports a format that the other doesn't ;)

nothing i say is going to make you "get it", so i'm giving up.

Oh well, guess I won't get a reply to my other questions then :)

In America the DS came out in late 2004 I think. Thats when i got my DS the PSP came out in March of 05. Thats when i traded my ds in for a psp. Of Course DS is Outselling PSP it had like a 4 month headstart in the US. And DS games suck, all thats on it is mario :!:

Darkflash9999 said:
In America the DS came out in late 2004 I think. Thats when i got my DS the PSP came out in March of 05. Thats when i traded my ds in for a psp. Of Course DS is Outselling PSP it had like a 4 month headstart in the US. And DS games suck, all thats on it is mario :!:

The PS2 came out before GCN and Xbox too. :LOL:

Back