21" Monitor (445Xiplus) for $59

Well, it does say "refurbished" and it looks like quite an old model (going off the curvature of the screen). However, having said that, it still seems a bargain. Though isn't an 88Mhz refresh rate a bit weird?

digitalwanderer said:
Yes, but for 1600x1200 it's an f-load better than my currently unuseable 60Hz.
Oh definitely - 60Hz is totally unusable IMO. I just thought 88Mhz was weird; its usually 75Hz or 85Hz.

Well, it's just whatever the maximum horizontal scan rate dictates. In this case 121kHz.

All CRT:s can handle all sorts of vertical refreshrates, in fact what I loved about the Matrox cards was that you could tweak the CRT to the max by adjusting refresh rates and sync strobes. I set my old Eizo to 76.5Hz@1152x864 for example, which gave the absolute maximum horisontal scan rate(70kHz)... 60, 72, 75, 85 and 120Hz are just VESA standards.

Theres a lot of them here in Dallas in the computer fairs. Its a OK 21" but there is much better out there for a little more. I have seen 21" trinitron flats referb or used for $90 in great shape.

ANova said:
You guys do realize how large and heavy 21" CRTs are...right?
Don't remind me. I helped clear out a computer lab of really old 21" monitors (part of old HP UNIX terminals) that weighed an absolute ton. Had to carry a few dozen a few hundred yards. Next day my arms were just blue with bruises. Tell you what, though, they were tough 'cos one lad dropped one and it literaly bounced back up of pavement again, unharmed.

digitalwanderer said:
ANova said:
You guys do realize how large and heavy 21" CRTs are...right?
$51us worth of large and heavy. (Shipping)

The trinitrons sound nicer, I'll hold off for now.

That's probably not a a bad idea. I've seen a *lot* of older nokia monitors start turning the picture purple and get fuzzy. It was an epidemic around the linux computer lab at my university a couple of years ago. 8/10 monitors looked terrible.

Nite_Hawk

I've got one of those monitors(Nokia) and it absolutely sucks....DW, stay away, don't waist your money......

Thanks all, the temptation has passed and I've weathered my weak spell...I think I'll be safe now. :)

I am still gonna be looking for monitor deals though, I just feel a good one a coming up for me.
smilespin.gif

digitalwanderer said:
$51us worth of large and heavy. (Shipping)

That's almost what you'd be paying for the thing.

Don't remind me. I helped clear out a computer lab of really old 21" monitors (part of old HP UNIX terminals) that weighed an absolute ton. Had to carry a few dozen a few hundred yards. Next day my arms were just blue with bruises. Tell you what, though, they were tough 'cos one lad dropped one and it literaly bounced back up of pavement again, unharmed.

Yeah that 1" thick glass will do that. :LOL:

I feel for you man. o_O

Back