200$ Surround Sound for PS4 + PC?

How about making a trip to Japan? Round way tickets are a little over 300 dollars. You should earn that back easily if you buy a bunch of stuff you want ;)

Lol and I do want to go to Japan. Their mix of old and new.. Their snows..

Btw where do you get 300 usd round trip? It's usually around 800-1000 USD

finally took Sony 650 home theater system from Lazada/Electronic Solution. and i just realized that the rear speaker did not have stand..

bummer...

i guess i can print a "converter stand" to put the rear speaker on top of the front stand. then put the front speakers without any stands or print a simple stand a-la PS4's stand.

and its because i selected the lower tier, the 650 series instead of the 950 that's about 50USD more expensive... bah...

@tongue_of_colicab
O_O wow. in last year my friends and i was looking prices why the heck it was gone to 800 dollar.

EDIT:
@Rurouni

OMG i read your post but i just re-read it and i think i missed the one about the "optical may not give 5.1 channel"....

EDIT:
hmm dolby's page did not explain in details http://blog.dolby.com/2013/11/set-playstation-4-great-game-sound/
but they mention that the ps4 should directly connected to the receiver.

EDIT:
i guess i also can simply swap the front and back speakers...

Last edited:
PS4 optical out should be able to output 5.1. I'm talking about the optical out on TV which probably depending on the manufacturer, some might just pass through the original audio, some just push 2 channel sound that is supposed to be played by the TV speaker for the optical out (which is annoyingly stupid... Why have optical out in the first place?).
At least now you have a set of matching speakers. Next step is to actually buy a receiver [emoji4]

Edit: basically if your TV have an optical out port and can actually output 5.1, then this home theater is a good solution to get surround from PS4 and PC (and other devices connected to the TV HDMI port) without having to buy a receiver.

Last edited:
Most TVs won't pass through 5.1 sound. i.e send sound through HDMI to the TV, only 2ch will come out of the TV through optical and I'm pretty sure HDMI too - if you ever have this kind of configuration.

But PS4 to receiver direct through optical or HDMI, 5.1 all the way. You can choose whether to output DTS or DD on the PS4 and pronto, surround sound for everyone!

but still.. im dumb right? choosing 50 dollars cheaper for that... should have choosen the one with 4 "standing" speakers...

O_O its been days and the order status did not get updated. Its stuck at "being prepared by supplier and will be delivered as soon as possible".

when i asked Lazada Live Chat, they said that its still in "packing process". Wow.. longest packing process ever.
totally different experience compared to when i buy stuff off Amazon.de and local game-shop online store (psegameshop.com and drakuli.com).

and im using manual bank transfer. So i cant dispute to credit card in case something goes south...

Ouch, that's why I never buy anything with a direct bank transfer online. Even when using Paypal which has their own dispute process, I have it go through my credit card rather than taken directly out of my bank account.

Regards,
SB

ok the thing has come and installed to PS4 and PC.

works fine on PS4 but PC only output STEREO. what the...
Btw audio "test" on PC "windows audio properties" working fine in 5.1ch.

any idea whats wrong?

Hmm.. Was that an audio driver function? Well, good to know it works regardless, but I'm at least curious :)

-___- stereo musics cant be upmixed to 5.1ch from PC because the system-wide "upmixer" is missing on digital out and MPC-HC cant be forced to use FFDShow audio (even if it can, its still unpreferred because i wont get 5.1ch youtube etc).

seems PC is still far from plug-and-play

Back