2 dead, 300 casualties during four day walk

DemoCoder said:
It's typically 20C year around in Northerna California and no humidity, no seasons, so most regions of the world feel like a swamp, oven, or a refrigerator to me. When I went to Thailand recently, I felt like I was in a sauna the whole time, my clothes were literally soaked just from walking around, not from sweat, but from humidity.
Ah, sounds just perfect. I feel a holiday coming up next year or so. ;)

DemoCoder said:
It's typically 20C year around in Northerna California and no humidity, no seasons, so most regions of the world feel like a swamp, oven, or a refrigerator to me. When I went to Thailand recently, I felt like I was in a sauna the whole time, my clothes were literally soaked just from walking around, not from sweat, but from humidity.

california has really a f*cked up climate... :cool:

DemoCoder said:
Bah, you people are pussies. I was recently on vacation in Death Valley California, where temperatures were above 50C, and I have my 14 month old son with me.

This is the kind of heat that when you step out of your car, you *literally* feel like someone put a hair dryer on your eye socket. I kid you not, Death Valley is very windy, and I felt like somehow had a hot hair dryer blowing into my eyes.

And yes, Death Valley is about hiking. Of course, I didn't do much of it with my son. I kept him outside for no more than 10 minutes at a time.

That's the kind of heat I get when I enter my car :D , black, parked under sun and no A/C. no doubt it's 50°C or more, though then I "only" get a 36°+ dryer on my eyes (outside air, cools the car somewhat). it's fun but I wouldn't want to do anything more than sit on my ass and drive.

what sucks is I haven't done sports for a few weeks (which results in me doing excessive tobacco and insomnia), wasted days staying at home. In 2003 we routinely had more than 40°C, but who cares if it's 36 or 40, it's shit weather. the rare rain drops from thunderstorms away are welcomed, but the rest of the time it's sunny and arid.. and for temperature under the sun when it's 36 under shadow, I don't even want to know.

Speaking of miserable heat. I've been in Hong Kong the past week.

100% humidity at the equator, 93 degrees. Plus, apparently, nobody's heard of central air conditioning.

Back