360, wii o p3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what type of games are you interested in, what is your budget, what console are you currently leaning towards, what features do you want outside of gaming???

360 has the most games out for it and has a great online component. The Wii is great if you can get your hands on one but its game library is slightly bigger than the PS3's. There are good games coming out for it soon. PS3's big games aren't even out yet (FF, Metal Gear, etc).

lol!

I'm buying a retro console and can't decide which is betterer MD or SNES I heard MD is better but some people say SNES I will buy whichever people argue about the most.
The Wii! It has games from both systems, and then some. If not that, SNES! Most Sega games are pretty crappy anyhow, affixed on character design and "cool" inital impressions and completely dysfunctional underneath. If that's still what you want, again, get it on the Wii. If you use the component output it looks much cleaner than the real deal, too.

Wii or PS3 because they're quiet and have stuff like Mario Galaxy or Metal Gear. I'm not mentioning killzone 2 because like the ifrst game it'll probably be massively hyped beforehand and underwhelm when actually launched. :devilish:

360 if you don't care about quiet or want to play Halo and other MS exclusives or like downloading TV shows and stuff (only if you live in the US).

PS3 is easily the superior movie playback device bar none. If that's a factor for oyu.

Peace.

Wii or PS3 because they're quiet and have stuff like Mario Galaxy or [TBA]. I'm not mentioning killzone 2 because like the ifrst game it'll probably be massively hyped beforehand and underwhelm when actually launched. :devilish:

Edited that for you. Really? Naming a title that may not even come out this year as something a system has as a plus? Please, talk about grasping at straws. The 360 has a vastly...VASTLY suprior gaming library currently and coming out within the next 6-8 months. This is my opinion of course, but when it comes to hot titles with a whole lot of pretty flashy things on your new HD TV that you can go out and actually buy right now, there is no question the 360 destroys the other two.

360 if you don't care about quiet or want to play Halo and other MS exclusives or like downloading TV shows and stuff (only if you live in the US).

Opinion.

PS3 is easily the superior movie playback device bar none. If that's a factor for oyu.

Another opinion. I'll simply state this as fact, the HD-DVD addon produces fantastic quality and has a huge advantage in up-scaling your DVDs which the PS3 cannot currently do, i think thats pretty significant.

The PS3 is an overpriced pisspoor excuse of a gaming console right now and thats the simple truth that many reasonable people know and also the conclusion that many, journalists and gamers alike, have come to. Now you can lie to yourself, say its fantastic and start listing all the titles that arent out yet but you dream about every night, but the fact of the matter is until the PS3s library expands by leaps and bounds there is no question what will give a gamer who craves "nextgen gaming" more satisfaction.

With that said, it didnt take long for this to essentially turn into a VS thread so, dont expect this to last.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited that for you. Really? Naming a title that may not even come out this year as something a system has as a plus?
doesn't really matter when it comes out. it has it, nuff said.
Another opinion. I'll simply state this as fact, the HD-DVD addon produces fantastic quality and has a huge advantage in up-scaling your DVDs which the PS3 cannot currently do, i think thats pretty significant.
upscaling DVD's is so overrated. the PQ difference is minimal. the difference between HDMI and Component alone beats upscaling over component/vga imo. i have an upscaling DVD player, scaling to 720p over component, and my PS3 actually looks quite a bit better. my upscaling player is a good one too (LG LDA-531 (only sold in Canada).
also, i believe Sony even said they have plans to add upscaling in the future.
The PS3 is an overpriced pisspoor excuse of a gaming console right now and thats the simple truth that many reasonable people know and also the conclusion that many, journalists and gamers alike, have come to. Now you can lie to yourself, say its fantastic and start listing all the titles that arent out yet but you dream about every night, but the fact of the matter is until the PS3s library expands by leaps and bounds there is no question what will give a gamer who craves "nextgen gaming" more satisfaction.
overpriced? hardly... maybe to you. you could say its expensive, but not overpriced. pisspoor excuse for a gaming console? i wouldn't say its that bad, but i agree its lacking games atm. if fab wants to play games now, the 360 is the better choice. but if he likes the upcoming ps3 titles and he can wait, i think the ps3 is a great machine.

Do I really need to explain why this has been locked? Fab_regas next time be more specific otherwise topics like this will go neutral to flamefest in less than 5 posts (DISCLAIMER: I didn't count the posts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back