What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davros, play Nexus in the dark and crank the bass up. I really wish they had been able to do a Nexus 2. IMO one of the best strategic space combat games with lots of things to fiddle with.

Just got round to finishing POP3D (my thoughts linked in the POP3D thread) and also Devil May Cry 4. DMC4 is not my usual cup of tea, being a mad Japanese 3D-action-combat-RPG-adventure hack'n'slash shooter with puzzle elements. Totally over-the-top everything, great graphics, big environments, heavy on the "save the girl and the world" storyline. Good fun in a "throw every element in and mix it all together" kind of way.

Just got round to finishing POP3D (my thoughts linked in the POP3D thread) and also Devil May Cry 4. DMC4 is not my usual cup of tea, being a mad Japanese 3D-action-combat-RPG-adventure hack'n'slash shooter with puzzle elements. Totally over-the-top everything, great graphics, big environments, heavy on the "save the girl and the world" storyline. Good fun in a "throw every element in and mix it all together" kind of way.

That game is waiting for me in the game purchase pipeline...the demo graphics had totally blown me away. Glad to see you liked it!

Also have in mind, that the game is not very equipment based. A blue armor can give you a little boost, but thats it. A purple, a little more, but a skilled player can take you down if you don't know how to play your character. In fact, a skilled player 5-6 levels lower can kill you for fun even if you have epic gear.

This is imo very important, i hate how most MMO's only reward the amount of time you spend on playing the game and not skill

Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchement beta, Aquaria and some TF2 as always.
I've also almost completed King's Bounty: The Legends. Great game.

Started a new boiling point game recently. haven't done many missions. i've been concentrating on getting my $240K from camping that gold mine mission. i like to play RICH!

This is imo very important, i hate how most MMO's only reward the amount of time you spend on playing the game and not skill

I killed my first lvl 80 player at lvl 69 :) Granted, he was a Gardian (THE tank of the game) that was wearing no armor killing mobs (and showing off) at a lvl 30 area. Since then I have quite a few kills against lvl 80 players on 1v1 and I'm lvl 70 :D

PVE players (even with epics from top to bottom), that don't know how to strafe are free kills in this game :)

I'm playing Crysis Warhead right now, having finished Crysis last week. I think Warhead is better than the original Crysis, but still I think that something is missing, emotionally and gameplay-wise. I would even say I liked the firefights in Far Cry 2 much better.

I also tried the Puzzle Quest: Galactrix and the NecroVisioN demo.

PQ:G might be a nice time waster, but the demo crashed on my a couple of times and since you can't save in the demo, I was annoyed pretty quickly.

I tried the NecroVisioN demo with mild interest at first, but it grew on me. It's an pretty old school horror/WWI FPS not unlike painkiller. It's not an AAA title, but the graphics are nice nonetheless and the gameplay is ok. May need a bit of polishing, though.

BTW, did anyone notice that the "King's Bounty: The Legend" developers are basically the folks who made Space Rangers?

Well if we're talking about games in the near future... :p

I'm eagerly awaiting getting my grubby hands on DOW 2. I'm such a warhammer whore. :p

It's too bad there isn't a Warhammer 40k RTS that's more like the Warhammer Fantasy Battles RTS. The WHFB RTS's feel much more true to the Table Top experience.

Regards,
SB

TF2 and Crysis Wars. Crysis Wars has the potential for such greatness; I sincerely hope it doesn't (completely) die before we have the hardware to tame it.

On the single player side I just finished The Witcher for the first time. A man among boys as far as modern RPGs go, but I still found the inventory system constraining, even with the EE patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back