Alfa Romeo chick ;)

img.php

New Mini Cooper-S Works

img.php

img.php

BMW E92 M3 concept

img.php

img.php

Pictures are much appreciated! I might be able to see these cars in person next week in Amsterdam.

I dunno, the new JCW is kinda weak sauce. Plus I'm not too into the new pedestrian friendly front end. Looks a little too bulbous. After test driving the current Cooper S, while I love the torque delivery of the new 'Pug' motor, it feels and sounds like a VW and lacks the whiney urgency of the old Tritec... I do wish mine had the overhead toggles of the new one though... :D

Why do Toyota bother making concept cars that look sweet with bulges everywhere, when we all know they are never going to make it.

Toyota have not been in the Sports market for years. Are we suddenly to believe they are going to make a "new" Supra or GT4?

When can I buy a car that is plain metal, without a paint job? An aluminium composite would be best, but titanium would rule. And I wouldn't frown upon stainless steel either.

Grey is for mice.

When can I buy a car that is plain metal, without a paint job? An aluminium composite would be best, but titanium would rule. And I wouldn't frown upon stainless steel either.

Grey is for mice.
Back to the Future, baby!

Grey is for mice.

You could always have the paint stripped and then clearcoated afterwards if a bare metal alloy finish is your thing.

You could always have the paint stripped and then clearcoated afterwards if a bare metal alloy finish is your thing.
Yes, but that only works if all the parts are made of metal, and the same kind at that. I think a normal car with the paint stripped doesn't look all that well, with all the plastic parts everywhere.

Grey is for mice.

How about carbon? Look at Pagani Zonda (though it might be a tad expensive ;)).

Lexus lf-a concept car

lexus_lf-a_concept_4_enimages_big.jpg

lexus_lf-a_concept_7_enimages_big.jpg

lexus_lf-a_concept_5_enimages_big.jpg

lexus_lf-a_concept_6_enimages_big.jpg

Don't have much info on the Lexus concept car unfortunately... so if anyone wants to add some info, feel free

Edit:
Lexus LF-A
it's loooong waited successor of legendary Toyota 2000GT. (as comparison, take a look of rear end and roof line... 2000GT that is much smoother, but you can be pretty sure see that they do look same. http://tomosuzu-web.hp.infoseek.co.jp/nagoya-t03.jpg )

as 2000GT was the fastest, best looking Japanese production sport car in the late 60's, they are really trying to do same with LF-A. front end has become much better since previous prototype two years ago and the rear looks closer to production than the prototype one, though it needs a bit adjustments to the lights. (but it seems that ventilation fans are going to be in rear. that has stayed the same between the evolution.

Toyota has confirmed that engine will be 5 liter V10 engine, with 550bhp output. rumours state, that the car chassis and tecnincal side has been finished few years already and just waiting for F1 team to gain their 1st victory. The release ain't going to be very far in any case, because this year is so remarkable to Toyota. (50 years in motorsport, 40 years since release of 2000GT, 35 (??) years since becoming first non US team winning Daytona 500, etc...) Engine/exhaust sounds are described to be "breathtaking" by auto magazine journalists seing the previous prototype as running version at Fuji Speedway during last year Tokyo Car Show.

Still, it's right now just a prototype... Lexus IS-F is much more interesting car for fast car enthuastics... it competes against M3 with it's IS-series body/chassis and 4 liter V8 engine. ;) And it's coming available quite soon. ;)

How about carbon? Look at Pagani Zonda (though it might be a tad expensive ;)).
Yes, plain carbon would be swell, but it might be a tad hard to keep looking nice. And very expensive, as you said.

You won't see this at the Geneva Motor Show. ;)

http://www.autovisie.nl/_internal/cimg!0/m3ijpfk2gk0a7o
http://www.autovisie.nl/_internal/cimg!0/m3ijpfk2gk08u1

For those of you who are confused, that zebra pattern covering is to disguise that prototype. Can anybody guess what car that prototype will become?:cool:

The rear section is from the F355
015.jpg

The middle section with the sidepods is from the veyron
images

And the front looks like a lambo with molested frontlights
images

But since its from a dutch site maybe its a new Spyker? :D

The rear section is from the F355

Lotus have had Ferrari looking tail lights for awhile now, just check out the previous Esprits.

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EModels/V802.html

The middle section with the sidepods is from the veyron

There are many supercars with side pods including older Esprits.

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EModels/V802.html

And the front looks like a lambo with molested frontlights

The Esprits have always looked similar to the Lambos.

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EModels/S3.html

tongue_of_colicab,

This is why common belief is, it's the new Lotus Esprit:

(the two most common concept pictures)

Lotus5.jpg

New_Esprit_2008.jpg

Regarding these "spy shots", Mike Kimberley, CEO of Lotus had this to say:

Mike Kimberley said:
It's obviously a great looking car, but it is not the replacement Esprit currently under development at Hethel and testing globally. It is actually nothing to do with Lotus. However, all small volume car manufacturers work together wherever they can for mutual benefits.
Good luck to the company developing it and thank you all for your interest and speculation regarding Lotus

Doesn't rule it out completely though... ;)

Doesn't rule it out completely though... ;)

No, but it puts your "I KNEW!!11!!" comment to a different light and certainly my somewhat investigative and elegant guess was more approriate and thus the trophy belongs to me, agreed? :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no mention of Koenigsegg CCXR. :cry:

OK, I don't care much about cars. But I think it's a fun twist to make a car with more power than the Bugatti Veyron, and then slap the text "Flower Power" on it. :D

1018bhp on E85 biofuel! Now lend one to the Stig.

Still no mention of Koenigsegg CCXR. :cry:

OK, I don't care much about cars. But I think it's a fun twist to make a car with more power than the Bugatti Veyron, and then slap the text "Flower Power" on it. :D

1018bhp on E85 biofuel! Now lend one to the Stig.

True, though one thing that amazes me about the Veyron (and I really don't care much for the car otherwise!) is that it delivers its high performance without any drama. Driving over 400km/h without drama compared to just about every other car that probably feels as if it's either falling apart or lifting off is something. In other words, the Veyron is as much the fastest cars of today as it is also a very usable everday car.

True, though one thing that amazes me about the Veyron (and I really don't care much for the car otherwise!) is that it delivers its high performance without any drama. Driving over 400km/h without drama compared to just about every other car that probably feels as if it's either falling apart or lifting off is something. In other words, the Veyron is as much the fastest cars of today as it is also a very usable everday car.

It can not really drive over 400 in 98% of the world. Only in absolutely perfect conditions (air pressure, temperature, blah). The best you could do in front of your door would be some 390 or so.

And drama it surely was, big time. More than 2 years of delays and redesigns before they had a half-way working product to show in the first place.

And drama it surely was, big time. More than 2 years of delays and redesigns before they had a half-way working product to show in the first place.

I wasn't refering to the drama about it being built - I was refering to 'driving the car at 400km/h with no drama at all - a bit like probably driving a confortable BMW or Merc at over 200km/h. TopGear had a feature on it where Captain Slow, aka James May drove it on VAGs testing track to the limit...

About not being able to drive the car 400kmh everywhere... I think that's fairly obvious? ;)

Back