The Official G84/G86 Rumours & Speculation Thread

Towards the left of the GPU, that 8600 GTS PCB looks incredibly... "clean".

Maybe they've designed the PCB for something else ?
It sure seems there's an empty space in there.
I can't see any sign of the NVIO chip either.

Is it me or the PCBs look abit different to the reference cards?

But one thing that has made me impressed is just how little power they consume. For one the GTS is ~71W and GT is ~43W.

Is it me or the PCBs look abit different to the reference cards?

But one thing that has made me impressed is just how little power they consume. For one the GTS is ~71W and GT is ~43W.

Yes.
Which leads me to believe that Nvidia has included the 6pin auxiliar power connector just as a precaution to aid in stabilizing the card when under heavy loads.
A PCI-Express x16 slot provides 75W, so a 71W card could conceivably be powered from that single source alone.

Performance & power consumption, both are similar to 7950GT.

I can't see any sign of the NVIO chip either.
Arun said that G84 is the only chip with built-in NVIO.

Sigh, I see a dual-slot 8600 in those pictures ..

Arun said that G84 is the only chip with built-in NVIO.

Sigh, I see a dual-slot 8600 in those pictures ..

Both the cooler and the PCB of the MSI cards are non-standard.

Even the low profile card is unusual.
It has 4 memory chips on the front, hinting at a 128bit bus.

Both the cooler and the PCB of the MSI cards are non-standard.

Even the low profile card is unusual.
It has 4 memory chips on the front, hinting at a 128bit bus.
Yeah they are non-standard. What if most of the AIB partners decide to go with dual-slot if they feel single-slot would be just 'okay'.. (I dreaded this about 4-5 months back when G84 was confirmed to be 128b)

Yeah they are non-standard. What if most of the AIB partners decide to go with dual-slot if they feel single-slot would be just 'okay'.. (I dreaded this about 4-5 months back when G84 was confirmed to be 128b)

What i heard was that the 8600 GTS cooler is actually pretty quiet, nowhere near the ruckus of the old 7600 GT.

What i heard was that the 8600 GTS cooler is actually pretty quiet, nowhere near the ruckus of the old 7600 GT.
Well I dont know about the reference 7600GT cooler but the BFG one is anything but silent, I have it running in my rig. :LOL: (I heard eVGA & XFX have better coolers)

Anyway, back to the 8600GTS. I can understand AIBs adding custom cooling solutions for OC versions but still they'd go from a (ref) dual-slot to a (cust.) dual-slot. Now this is going from (ref) single-slot to (cust.) dual-slot.

Well I dont know about the reference 7600GT cooler but the BFG one is anything but silent, I have it running in my rig. :LOL: (I heard eVGA & XFX have better coolers)

Anyway, back to the 8600GTS. I can understand AIBs adding custom cooling solutions for OC versions but still they'd go from a (ref) dual-slot to a (cust.) dual-slot. Now this is going from (ref) single-slot to (cust.) dual-slot.

There are plenty of examples of that right now, with dual-slot models derivatives from 7900 GS/GT, X1950 Pro's, etc.
It's not news if some manufacturer wants to change the cooler to "bling it up" some more.
ASUS, MSI and Gigabyte are particularly good at it.

There are plenty of examples of that right now, with models like 7900 GS/GT, X1950 Pro's, etc.
It's not news if some manufacturer wants to change the cooler to "bling it up" some more.
ASUS, MSI and Gigabyte are particularly good at it.
Agreed for X1950 but there arent a lot of dual slot 7900GS/GTs out there. Its a limitation to the AIBs.

I saw another OC edition in there thats single-slot, so I am feeling better now. :D

http://www.3dnews.ru/editorial/cebit07_day_two/

43358fz0.jpg

43362jy8.jpg

As you can see, there is a small red button: You can activate higher clocks with it.
And the best thing is: Your PC is somewhere under your table and you can't reach it. :LOL:

Back