How do you get rid of laziness?

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
Seriously?

I keep wanting to do things but I am just TOO f'king lazy to get off my ass. Today I starved a good few hours. You know why? Becuase I was too lazy to get off my ass and make a sandwich.

Any ideas? (BTW I am being serious)

Only time I am not lazy is when I get homework which I do the moment I get home from Uni. Still, I am too damn lazy. I should shoot myself in the head so I don't spread my lazy gene. (laziness genetical?)

You serious? So if I masturbate (I am serious, please don't take me as being immature) a lot I will not be so lazy?
I already masturbate 2+ times per day. Should I do it 10 or so times per day?

I can sweat too while I do it?

I am like you except without the doing work + masturbating part.

MuFu.

Try a wife, kids and a mortgage. There's nothing quite like a bit of personal responsibility to get you out of the house. I realise this might be a rather extreme solution, but there you go.

(PS. I'm not speaking from personal experience here. Personally I'm a lazy mo-fo too, I put that down to not having any personal responsiblilty :) ).

Edit: BTW, masturbation isn't the answer to this problem. It's the solution to many problems, but not this one.

Wouldn't masturbating have a similar affect to sex, ie post-coital somnolence, making you sleepier - and therefore lazier.

What is it that you want to force yourself to do, K.I.L.E.R?

If you are in university you are probably just burnt out instead of lazy, you just need something else in your life.

Oh yeah - staring at a PC screen for hours and hours makes you tired. :)

MuFu.

Hmmm... I'm not really burnt out as I only go to Uni for 2 hours on Wednesday and 8 on Thursday.

Only 2 days a week. The rest of the time I am behind my PC all day.

I am trying to force myself to do more advanced programming. The problem is, that I start doing something and I lose intrest in like 10 minutes. Problem isn't that it's hard, I always found C++ easy, I had done my fair share of developing when I was 13 years old. BUT I got lazy, slowed down and eventually stopped.

Now I have started again as I am doing software development at Uni, I am trying to regain all my lost knowledge from since I was 13 years old.
Problem is that I am so lazy I sit behind my PC and post or/and play games for 16 hours a day or so.

Motivating oneself is a hard skill to develop.

There are two ways, either someone is there to help you through the phase. Or you have a buddy who is also in a simillar situation and you two work together to motivate each other and work on a project together. This will enable you to work on your own without being a victim of, "Oh, fuck it."

I'm in a simillar situation at the moment.

I have my brother around. He tells me to stop sitting on my ass.
That's about it. :/

I really do want to re-learn what I had learnt and go much further than before. I think it's unfortunate that I am in this position at such a time of my life where laziness is going to kill me later on.

YMMV, but try setting small and modest goals to accomplish by the end of the day. You may find that you finish early, at which point you can go and relax guilt-free, or you might even find yourself in a groove and actually feel motivated to do more work.

K.I.L.E.R.
I have my brother around. He tells me to stop sitting on my ass.
That's about it. :/

The thing is, he's right.... Take it from someone who's been through it. If all you do is sit around in front of your computer your body gets all wonky and this seriously affects your brain as well.

You ain't burnt out, it's a natural phenonemon, the less work/exercise you do the elss your body feels like doing. If you wanna stop being lazy, you HAVE to get up and do something.

Either that or find a nympho, that will get you going. ;)

It's possible you have had glandular fever and some of the symptons of this disease remain with you for a long time.. one of the prime symptons is lethargy.

Oh.. something that may not make you lazy is getting a life...joke...

And yanking your doodle makes you go blind.. (where did I put my glasses dammit?).

:arrow: next please

Ahh, I think I am out of my lazy mood guys. :)
Lately I had an idea: http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5323

I am going to start off small and build up. :)
I am going to make this little program big and it will eventually have a GUI, take scene gemoetry readings and the such, average them and include all the data about how much bandwidth and VRAM is eaten up. It will display, min, mean and max of band and storage used.

Of course I am going to ask for serious help from you guys if you don't mind? :)

So far I have made the calc include textures as well as AA and such.

Back