I'm single again :(

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
Well, some of you might remember the event of last year (me getting a real life boyfriend, doing the serious relationship thing)...
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25241&highlight=boyfriend

Well, after a year, we split up. Actually, we split up 3 weeks ago and it would have been a year 2 weeks ago. :cry:

Bit of a tragic situation, i still love him very much but it just wasn't working and it wasn't gonna work, so it was better to end it now, than do it when things would be much more complicated - as if they weren't complicated already.

So, feel sorry for me and most importantly, feel sorry for all men in London and eventually around the world. No one's safe, remember that :devilish:

Truly sorry to hear LB, hope you're doing ok. Remember there's more fish in the ocean and you deserve better anyways. :)

Breaking up is always hard, especially if you still care about the person. :cry:

Yeah, it's tough but we were both so fed up and frustrated at many things. We both wanted to change the other, especially him to me, and in the end, no matter how hard you try, you can't change people, and you can't expect people to change for you.

Yeah, it's tough but we were both so fed up and frustrated at many things. We both wanted to change the other, especially him to me, and in the end, no matter how hard you try, you can't change people, and you can't expect people to change for you.

You guys almost made it to the 2nd year? I think the 2nd year mark is REALLY hard to make. My gf and I are having constant arguments now (we've just passed our 2 year mark). You're right, you cannot change someone else, they have to learn for themself and want to change. We've gone to the brink of breaking up so many times (I cannot even begin to remember) and the arguments have taken a huge toll on us both but somehow and someway we manage to see the bigger picture that we love each other so much that we hold on. Damn, I am an emo. :oops:

Now you just gotta keep yourself busy and occupied so you don't think too much, you'll be okay... time heals. Good luck LB!

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys almost made it to the 2nd year? I think the 2nd year mark is REALLY hard to make. My gf and I are having constant arguments now (we've just passed our 2 year mark). You're right, you cannot change someone else, they have to learn for themself and want to change. We've gone to the brink of breaking up so many times (I cannot even begin to remember) and the arguments have taken a huge toll on us both but somehow and someway we manage to see the bigger picture that we love each other so much that we hold on. Damn, I am an emo. :oops:

Heh, that sounds much like our last few months together. We were just too different. At the beginning, it was cool because we "complemented" each other, but then things started going bad, and we had huge arguments we eventually "fixed and made up" because we loved each other, but every so often we would just have a big argument even on very silly things, just because our brains work in such different ways it's unbelievable.

Now you just gotta keep yourself busy and occupied so you don't think too much, you'll be okay... time heals. Good luck LB!

Oh i'm keeping myself very, very busy... :devilish:

Yikes! hehe... :devilish:

Any chance you guys can stay friends? It's so hard to stay friends after you break up with someone. :oops:

Yeah we'll stay friends for sure. Gonna have to anyway cause we share lots of friends and we go to the same clubs and stuff. But it's difficult, he's difficult. It will take time.

I remember those days. The newess (and fakeness) starts to wear off, and you learn what your significant other is really like. And the whole fear of committment thing seems to set in at about the same time, because you realize that "hey, this thing has been going on for quite a while, shit!". I look back on the dumb arguments (and man were they dumb) my wife and I had when we were dating, and think that I was subconconciously trying to drive her away. I must have figured that it was preferrable to have her get so pissed that she'd break up with me, instead of having to make that decision myself. And I think she was thinking the same thing. :)

Thank god we got past that stage, because I can't imagine finding a more perfect person for me. In fact, I think every couple should go through it before they get married, it's a great test of a relationship.

Yikes! hehe... :devilish:

Any chance you guys can stay friends? It's so hard to stay friends after you break up with someone. :oops:

that doesnt work, cause you always want to f*ck the other either way .... :devilish: . and some expartners dont like that

LB i wish you the best.This isnt a bad thing, just you wasnt the best person for him thats all ;)

I think you mean he wasn't the right person for LB, let us not forget that we're being entirely biased and supportive here! :yep2:

Oh absolutely. He's the most amazing guy i've ever been with, and i will never say anything too negative about him, other than that he's just difficult and takes things way too seriously.

Sorry to hear it, l-b. There are more fish in the sea, or perhaps a break will lead to some changes based on just missing each other. A whole Richard Burton/Liz Taylor thing would just be so *you*, y'know?

Back