Half Life 2 Episode 2 Gameplay

wow :)

so...

real time shadows,
real HDR this time,
huger landscapes,
more physics crazyness (end of 5th video!).

Count me in.

That was the console versions in the video? I guess its safe to assume it will be no less on PC as well.

I'm guessing it was on PC... judging by the "look" speed which could have only been archeived with a Mouse. (unless it was a mouse and keyboard acc on the ps3)

Was there Motion-Blur added into Source now?.... or maybe the videos were just crappy quality... i cant tell.

Okay anyone got the new PSM3 Magazine? Can anyone clarify this?

I bought the new PSM3 magazine and it says the following about Half-Life 2 for PS3:

Launches before Christmas.

The pack contains:
- Original Half-Life 2 game with improved graphics
- Episode 1
- Episode 2
- Team Fortress 2
- Portal
Now, what about this for a Christmas gift?

As you can imagine, I took this from a magazine, so I can't prove it.
But someone else who bought it too, please check it.

If this is true, talk about a good value! It sounds too good to be true though, but anyone got the magazine?

EDIT: IS this old news already? Why haven't I heard of it. :LOL:

IGN already has it written in theyr website.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/743/743925.html

Half-Life 2

Also known as:
Half-Life 2 (plus Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, & Portal)

This is one of those packages one just can't miss if you enjoy FPS..:p

Same package for Xbox360 it seems. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You would be wise to get it on PC/360. Valve has nothing to do with the PS3 version, they're farming it out to EA to port. Yikes.

The Source engine runs fine on Radeon 9800 class hardware at 1024x768 with 2xAA and 4xAF and my 6800GT ran it at 1280x1024 with 4xAA and 8xAF very well (~60fps average, depending on the level).

RSX, basically a 7900 series GPU, should hum right along at 1280x720 with AA and AF. The PPE may take some work, but they should be able to leverage what they learn from the 360 port.

Btw, where did you read that EA was doing the port and Valve was doing the 360 version internally? Curious :)

where did you read that EA was doing the port and Valve was doing the 360 version internally? Curious :)

Valve is collaborating with EA and some of their studios on the PS3 version according to this interview done by Eurogamer.

Doug Lombardi: Yeah. Our traditional model has been we release on the PC and then somewhere in the next five years or something it'll make it to a console, and we're finding out that there's parity between the PC and the next-gen systems, so we're able to deliver the same great experience on all three platforms. We're working together with EA to extend the initial launch - we're working on the 360 version and the PC version, and we're collaborating with them and some of their studios on the PS3 version - to deliver everything at the same time.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66973

Here's another interview with a lot of info.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200608/N06.0825.1923.12789.htm

You would be wise to get it on PC/360. Valve has nothing to do with the PS3 version, they're farming it out to EA to port. Yikes.
Getting it on the PC is the best bet, but isn't it a bit premature to say 'the PC and 360 version will be better because Valve are making them?'. Valve are a quality company and I can't imagine they'd want the PS3 version to go out looking any worse than or being any less stable than the 360 and PC counterparts.

Wow, extremely impressive.

The videos were most certainly taken from the PC version (you can tell by the swift movements) and some of the moments actually make me wonder how the console version will work.

PC > PS3 > Xbox 360 for this game, simply because the PS3 version should allow you to use a keyboard and mouse. I'm sorry, but an FPS just sucks with a gamepad.

Back