XBOX "BOX" for $611.00

Someone pointed out to me google mail account names that had "XBOX 360" sold for over £400 the other day :rolleyes:

Dave Baumann said:
Someone pointed out to me google mail account names that had "XBOX 360" sold for over £400 the other day :rolleyes:

This is just the box though :D

I.e. the packaging box. And its not even the real one which makes it even more hilarious :D

Gotta love the suckers who go for this kind of thing.

I especially loved this part of the whole thing.

This is not even a factory made xbox 360 box. I made it myself, just a few minutes ago. It does not contain an Xbox 360 console, just the Xbox 360 home-made box. this box is great hand made by me says XBOX right on it It doesn't look anything like the picture I included in the auction. It looks much better, in my opinion.

ROFL

That is classic.

I don't see the fun in these types of auctions. I can easily imagine someone who is less than fluent in english getting screwed over something like this. The guy is obviously fishing for people to misread his auction by listing the official peripheral not included, the specs of the console itself and so on.

Like I said, obvious scam, ebay should have pulled it. Had it been a print ad, the advertizer would have been brought to trial over it.

MuFu said:
Looks like the seller has been banned.
Really? Where do you see that?

Anyway, this is f'in hilarious. He's selling a box with "Xbox" written on it. Wow. Just wow.

Guden Oden said:
I can easily imagine someone who is less than fluent in english getting screwed over something like this.

Exactly. It's funny for us who sees the obvious scam-like aspects since we all speak the language. Pity for those who don't - hardly makes them a sucker.

PARANOiA said:
Exactly. It's funny for us who sees the obvious scam-like aspects since we all speak the language. Pity for those who don't - hardly makes them a sucker.
Well, anybody that actually reads the description should have no doubts as to what this is. Most people can read at least a little bit of English.

Chalnoth said:
Really? Where do you see that?

Anyway, this is f'in hilarious. He's selling a box with "Xbox" written on it. Wow. Just wow.

Seller Information

Not a registered user

Wow e-bay still shows the auction ending on dec 2 05 but states that bidding has ended and that there is a winning bidder? People are just plain stupid these days..........

It gets even more funny... the auction was completed with a bidder ending at $611.00

A quick look at the auction winner and his feedback includes negatives such as:
"didn't/can't read ad then wanted refund threatened us with extortion bad ebayer"
.. and ..
"Thank you for purchasing my Ultimate Training Programe, get that six pack soon"

Looks like some dude selling a cardboard box in WA is going to get his arse kicked soon LOL

Dave Baumann said:
Anyone know what the legality is of selling e-mail addresses for places like google mail/ hotmail etc?

I recall my brother telling me he had been offered £150 for his e-mail address of JediPadawan@hotmail.com.

I think he took it.

[Edit] Looking at the MSN service agreement suggests that accounts are non-transferable.[/edit]

CC

XBOX 360 Premium Game System BOX ONLY
Be among the first to own this season's #1 Holiday gift box!

This is the PREMIUM BUNDLE BOX only. It would include bonus accessories, if it were the actual PREMIUM XBOX 360! DOES NOT Come with 20GB Hard Drive, Console, HD Cables, Wireless Controller, Headset! In other words for those of you who do not understand, YES YOU ARE GETTING AN EMPTY BOX SO DO NOT ASK! Great for gags! DO NOT bid if you don't intend to buy! No excuses, I will not retract bids for you! You will be reported to eBay if you backout after winning the auction. I Cannot be more clear! This is not even a factory made xbox 360 box. I made it myself, just a few minutes ago. It does not contain an Xbox 360 console, just the Xbox 360 home-made box. this box is great hand made by me says XBOX right on it It doesn't look anything like the picture I included in the auction. It looks much better, in my opinion.

Anyone who bids on this, deserves to get scammed. This person also deserve a punch in the throat in addition of getting his/her money robbed, but that's another matter.

If the macrame homemade box creator dude got his $600, he deserves every last cents of those 600 bucks. No joke, the guy knows how to roll.

A friend fo mine was trying to convince me to sell my 360, we're econ majors so he goes through the cost-benefit and such with me. Tempting, but I ended up selling my box to him so he can ebay it for 20 bucks + a cut. He still hasn't put it up yet though, so he claims.

Alot of people bid on these items jokingly as well with no intention to buy, like the person that was selling his grandfathers soul which reached in the $100,000s or the B2 Steathbomber that went into the millions.

Back