I'm getting old: Transformers are 20 years old!

Dave Baumann

Gamerscore Wh...
Legend
I remember mucking around with Trasformers when they were originally about, and I've just come across the "20 Year Aniversary Edition of Optimus Prime" - Sheesh, I had the original! Is it sad that a 30 year old still finds em kinda cool? Especially the Anniversary Ed:

utlimate_prime17.jpg

DaveBaumann said:
I remember mucking around with Trasformers when they were originally about, and I've just come across the "20 Year Aniversary Edition of Optimus Prime" - Sheesh, I had the original! Is it sad that a 30 year old still finds em kinda cool? Especially the Anniversary Ed:

utlimate_prime17.jpg

its okay dave. I spent 150 on the unicron statue that came out last year. Of course i was younger when they came out :) but i still get comics every week. Why not ? I don't think its childish . Its just fond memorys of when you were younger.

DaveBaumann said:

utlimate_prime17.jpg

I think I still have star-scream and hot-rod in the back of my closet somewhere...

:(

time sure flies... i loved them things back in the day but all my larger bots broke a long long time ago :( (would be worth a fortune now I reckon)

Transformers so totally own. The new Japanese series is kinda neat, just be ready to turn the stupid up while watching.

DaveBaumann said:

I had the original too. And now since you talk about that i'm sad :? :cry:
;)

RainZ

DaveBaumann said:
I remember mucking around with Trasformers
Yeah, they were great as a kid. I just loved the way that 240V could be changed to 12V so I could run the train set....

I still have a huge box packed with Transformers at the back of my wardrobe - Yes, including the original Optimus Prime. :) I also have about 200 or so issues of the UK version of the comic - And yes, about a year ago, I did read through all of them again in a fit of nostalgia. :oops:

What's up with that scarecrow of a woman? :oops: Can she even get up from that position without someone giving her a helping hand???

Can you say "eating disorder"?

Reznor007 said:
I still have all of my Transformers toys...and just recently I've bought the entire original animated series on DVD :)

I have the first couple of DVD box sets, but haven't shelled out for the others yet. And, of course, I also have the movie on DVD. :) Twice. :?

Screw Optimus, those 5 Decipticon construction vehicle things that turned into DEVESTATOR were the shit.

Devestator was a pansy, they couldn't hold together for that long anyways. Besides, Optimus Prime so totally ownzorz!

My brother and I had the following transformers:

Defensor (5 Protecto Bots)
Metroplex
Trypticon
Optimus Prime/Powermaster Prime
Grimlock
Sludge
Swoop
Fortress Maximus
Ultra Magnus
Megatron
Galvatron
Blurr
Jazz
Ironside
Bumblebee
Hot Rod/Roddimus Prime
Darkwing and Dreadwing
Starscream
Sky Lynx
Superion (5 Aerial Bots)
Shockwave
Soundwave
Ratbat
Blaster
Astrotrain
Springer

We had some of the Combaticons and some of of the Constructicons. These are the ones I can remember at the moment.

We were also big into GI-Joe, but Transformers was our thing Always had wars with those things in the basement. :)

In the end it was all about Transformers: The Movie. No transformers before or since has ever topped that masterpiece.

jvd said:
its okay dave. I spent 150 on the unicron statue that came out last year. Of course i was younger when they came out :) but i still get comics every week. Why not ? I don't think its childish . Its just fond memorys of when you were younger.

That's why have sex with men.... i guess different things for different people, eh? :LOL:

well i dont actually do it, but i really want to sometimes...

Natoma said:
My brother and I had the following transformers:

In true school playground style:

Defensor (5 Protecto Bots) - Got
Metroplex - Got
Trypticon - Need!
Optimus Prime/Powermaster Prime - Got
Grimlock - Need!
Sludge - Got
Swoop - Need!
Fortress Maximus - Need!
Ultra Magnus - Need!
Megatron - Need!
Galvatron - Got
Blurr - Got
Jazz - Got (I snapped his doors off though :()
Ironside - Ironhide you mean? Got
Bumblebee - Got
Hot Rod/Roddimus Prime - Got (Hot Rod anyway)
Darkwing and Dreadwing - Need!
Starscream - Got
Sky Lynx - Need!
Superion (5 Aerial Bots) - Need!
Shockwave - Sooo need! (Never found him for sale in the UK)
Soundwave - Need!
Ratbat - Need!
Blaster - Need!
Astrotrain - Need!
Springer - Need!

Reading that list reminds me how we were a poor relation to other countries in the Transformers stakes - A few of those never seemed to reach our shores (Not that I ever saw anyway, and I did look. A lot ;))

zurich said:
Screw Optimus, those 5 Decipticon construction vehicle things that turned into DEVESTATOR were the shit.

Bruticus > Devastator

Combat vehicles > construction vehicles.
I still have that thing somewhere. Had Starscream too but he always fell apart :p

Back