No Man's Sky [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, NX, XGP]

Sounds like a huge update and they're rolling in some of the tech from Light No Fire. I'll probably try Worlds: Part 1 and bounce of NMS like I always do, but...really can't complain about heroic effort they continue to plough into the game.

I do really wish they turned on Light No Fire's more realistically scaled geography!

Quick blurby interview with Murray:

it's getting closer to a NMS2 now.
Oh it's absolutely there already, if we compare it to the Day 1 version of the game. Especially with this update, it is barely recognizable as the same title. Most AAA sequels have less evolution than this in terms of content, mechanics/systems and visuals.

Some really nice graphical updates, time to jump back in again I think.

i have my original save from launch i have been jumping in and out for years but i think its kinda corrupted
i could start a new one i guess

i think the difference now between PSVR2 and flat game is bigger than it was before. Expected i guess.
I'm envious.

I'm scared to even try the PCVR mode with my old PC with all these graphics updates. It was already not great in terms of performance before, I imagine it'll be reaching unplayable territory now.

VR is a great way to play NMS, though. The flying controls suck, but everything else makes up for it.

i don't know about the PC version, but on PS5, when in your ship, you can use the dual sense instead of the VR controllers, it's much better this way.

Why have Murray talking about the game, he lied through his teeth about it originally.
As far as I'm concerned he's the Peter Molyneux of space sims

Why have Murray talking about the game, he lied through his teeth about it originally.
As far as I'm concerned he's the Peter Molyneux of space sims
You're living in 2016. No one who has seen what Hello Games has done for NMS over the years, at no extra cost, could say he has not only redeemed himself, but far surpassed expectations for the game.

You're living in 2016. No one who has seen what Hello Games has done for NMS over the years, at no extra cost, could say he has not only redeemed himself, but far surpassed expectations for the game.
I don't want to buy a game and hope a decade later they deliver on what they promised. So its great that they are finally delivering on what they promised. But I will wait for the game to be a few bucks

I don't want to buy a game and hope a decade later they deliver on what they promised.

As a Star Citizen backer, you don't want to do it twice you mean. 😉

Hello pretty much delivered the missing features over the first few years after launch. The level of harassment they received was totally out of proportion and the worst of game Internet discourse.

Whether they delivered the game that people build up in their heads is a separate question. I'm giving it another go, but still not sure it's for me.

As a Star Citizen backer, you don't want to do it twice you mean. 😉

Hello pretty much delivered the missing features over the first few years after launch. The level of harassment they received was totally out of proportion and the worst of game Internet discourse.

Whether they delivered the game that people build up in their heads is a separate question. I'm giving it another go, but still not sure it's for me.
I bought no mans sky when it came out. It worked like crap on my amd card. Content was missing. I got a refund. Star citizen wasn't sold to me as a completed game. It was sold to me as a game I was supporting to get made

Back