Final Fantasy VII Remake

Btw anyone have lists of things that are different between the demo and the final game? I mean the scenes that are in the demo, except the open world part.

hmm the battle system and tutorials are too confusing for me.

anyone have any idea how to do synergy abilities?

i already got the bars filled on bottomm right and bottom left screen for both characters. but they are still greyed out. then one time, i suddenly can do 1 synergy ability despite the exact same situation: the bars on the bottom right already the same blocks filled as the bars on the bottom left.

i already got the bars filled on bottomm right and bottom left screen for both characters. but they are still greyed out. then one time, i suddenly can do 1 synergy ability despite the exact same situation: the bars on the bottom right already the same blocks filled as the bars on the bottom left.

" You can check your Synergy level in two ways. One way is to open your commands menu and select the 'Synergy Ability' option, then look at the bars above the image of each character next to the ability name.
The other way you can check your Synergy level is to simply open the command menu with X and look at the bar for your character at the top of the commands menu.
Once two characters have Synergy, you will be given the chance to activate their Synergy Ability. To do this, open your command menu with 'X' then select the 'Synergy Ability' tab. On here, select which ability you want to use and it will instantly activate.
However, if you repeatedly use a Synergy Ability the amount of Synergy you'll need to activate it will increase. "

R1 + square or triangle does the synergy abilities. Equip them first

Last edited:

" You can check your Synergy level in two ways. One way is to open your commands menu and select the 'Synergy Ability' option, then look at the bars above the image of each character next to the ability name.
The other way you can check your Synergy level is to simply open the command menu with X and look at the bar for your character at the top of the commands menu.
Once two characters have Synergy, you will be given the chance to activate their Synergy Ability. To do this, open your command menu with 'X' then select the 'Synergy Ability' tab. On here, select which ability you want to use and it will instantly activate.
However, if you repeatedly use a Synergy Ability the amount of Synergy you'll need to activate it will increase. "
R1 + square or triangle does the synergy abilities. Equip them first
its already equipped, thus the appearance inside the "x" menu, with them greyed out, and the blocks for them.

R1 + square or triangles only does synergy attacks in my game. not abilities

the polish in this game is really amazing. too bad SQEX doesnt seem to have the budget to polish all of their games like this. worse offender in PS5 era was forspoken, then followed by 2nd half of FF16 i think.

maybe the exclusivity contract helps? so they got more money upfront, and they can focus on 1 platform first.

i dont agree with some of the design decisions tho, for example i think the HDR design is too flat, much flatter than forspoken and FF16. on the plus side, this means i can play with my LG CX OLED in daytime without needing to close all doors and blinders.

full of filler/repetitive, and sometimes dull, stuff.

But i still like it, mix of good moments, nice graphics when everything is right, and nostalgia.

The more I play, the more I appreciate proper "polish" in a video game.

FF7 rebirth have lots of cookie cutter boring stuff, including boring tower map reveal, boring traversal (okay, forspoken probably spoiled me on this), and many more boring open world stuff.

But they are so highly polished. They even got lots of "animation stock" that they cleverly reuse for boring side quests, so the conversations are a bit more interesting than the usual idle pose + mouth flapping.

Now if only I can tell my party members to stop killing enemies i want to be morphed! Or at least update the dang thing to allow morph st 5% health

Btw is the game supposed to have so many brights clipping?

Like sky is clipping, the outdoors when being viewed from indoors are clipping

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-09-18-01-26-634_lockscreen-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-09-18-01-26-634_lockscreen-edit.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 6
The more I play, the more I appreciate proper "polish" in a video game.

FF7 rebirth have lots of cookie cutter boring stuff, including boring tower map reveal, boring traversal (okay, forspoken probably spoiled me on this), and many more boring open world stuff.

But they are so highly polished. They even got lots of "animation stock" that they cleverly reuse for boring side quests, so the conversations are a bit more interesting than the usual idle pose + mouth flapping.

Now if only I can tell my party members to stop killing enemies i want to be morphed! Or at least update the dang thing to allow morph st 5% health
I'm thinking along the same lines, it's the most polished open world game I've ever played that makes the boring open world tasks more engaging. You don't even need to put polish between quote marks by the way, it is a real term in game design theory! Polish is exactly that, make a task that can seem mundane fun by paying attention to detail and using animation, sounds, particle effects etc. It brings "soul" to game mechanics which sometimes can be very boring without!

Back