If I were supreme emperor of the world these would be my gaming laws

Decent idea, poor execution, during the advent of VR hype?

That they took something that was already janky in its original conception and made it even more janky, to the point of being constantly immersion breaking stupid?

Just going by what I've been told by VR-friends, though your embedded video seems to support this notion.

(I've played the original, which was incredibly janky, but with pace and gameplay that I could, perhaps, see translating to VR; so I also kida' get why they did it.)

Could you walk around in real life in that game, crouch, pick stuff up with your hands, and stuff like that?

I´ve tried some demos on the valve vr headset and I think its might almost be as big leap as 2D to 3D was. The immersion is on a totaly different level.

From the gameplay clips I´ve seen from Alyx they seem to focus on what makes VR awesome. For example, picking up some ammo from a shelf looks like fun in itself.

If they could make an LA Noire VR which focused on making your interaction with the world feel as immersive and real as possible, and focus on high fidelity graphics I think it could be awesome.

For example, rotating a statue whith the joysticks when you look at it feels clumsy, but doing it in VR to look for clues would probably feel totaly different.

One more law: More particles!

Back in the day when Halo CE was new I was blown away by the particle effects. For example the way sparks bounced on the floor if you shot with your AR on a metal wall. There were alot of sparks and they interacted with the enviroments. That, combined with sound effects, made just shooting on a wall fun! I dont think any Halo game since have had these types of particle effects, which is a real shame because it adds alot.

All the particles flying around, especially in slow motion, makes killing machines in the horizon games extra fan.

The next Halo must have better, and more particles, than Halo CE.

Im a little tired of having to kill a bunch of cute animals in every other game just to get a bigger ammo bag. At least make them horrifying predators who fight back if you have to do it.
Haha.

I do have this same issue sometimes. I assume you're talking about Far Cry here, but I think the biggest offender is the Xenoblade franchise. It purposefully includes lots of wildlife in the worlds which are genuinely innocent and non-hostile unless provoked. But to make it worse, they often include families of these animals, complete with babies and everything. And yet the games almost always require you to slaughter these animals for items that you need for side quests or crafting or something. It's horrible. lol

Haha.

I do have this same issue sometimes. I assume you're talking about Far Cry here, but I think the biggest offender is the Xenoblade franchise. It purposefully includes lots of wildlife in the worlds which are genuinely innocent and non-hostile unless provoked. But to make it worse, they often include families of these animals, complete with babies and everything. And yet the games almost always require you to slaughter these animals for items that you need for side quests or crafting or something. It's horrible. lol

Man, thats dark :eek:

The animals in BOTW look like disney animals. Why?

I was primarily thinking about horizon. All those cute foxes, bunnies and squirels =/ One weird thing about horizon is that like 1 in 50 of every squirels actualy have any bones in them.

I felt bad about shooting some of the animals in far cry, but at least most of them fight back. I liked how you had to kill like 5 rhinos to get a bigger wallet =) Like its only a tiny patch of skin just around the horn which is useful when making a wallet, the rest of the rhinos you just throw away. Those rhinos were tough too. I tried shooting them from the helicopter with my grenade launcher, but that ruined the skinned. So I mounted an elephant and had he do my killing for me =)

How could I have forgotten this: these two enemy types should be more common:

*Skeletons which look stop motion animated

*Punks on motorcycles who try to run you over, and you defeat them with a flying kick

Back