Movie Reviews 2.0

seems im in the minority. i like the new matrix movie

the weird thing with the movie is that... the action scenes, in the matrix, are boring. Maybe due to waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many camera cuts and the camera shake was too heavy?

I Saw Dune in the HBO Max streaming.
I liked it very much and it is only the first half of the original movie.
Yes, it is slow but I hope there is a second part, and maybe a third, coming.
I haven't seen it yet but if it's slow then it means the pacing is similar to the novel which is a good thing.

Lol, that cartoon is how I feel about the BSG reboot, it was too bad that it got cancelled before they could have their final season, there were so many questions to be answered! I had a hunch that Lucy Lawless might make a return. Maybe they could do a series of graphic novels? ;) lol

All kidding aside, the final season ruined any desire I had for the prequel series, as ultimately nothing mattered.
"Plan? We ain't got no Plan. We don't need no Plan.
I don't have to show you any stinking Plan!"

I do accept the existence of the Animatrix though.

Pity George Lucas never got around to making the sequels & just left us with the main & prequel trilogies.

Don't Look Up was pretty good satire, sort of Dr Strangelove for today's world. Could have worked as well or better with a shorter edit though.

Last edited:
seems im in the minority. i like the new matrix movie

the weird thing with the movie is that... the action scenes, in the matrix, are boring. Maybe due to waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many camera cuts and the camera shake was too heavy?

I watched it again, it was actually better the second time around. I got more of the throwbacks, like the way Neo clutched his fist exactly the same way when he was going to meet Smith in Revolutions when he was going to meet Trinity in Resurections. The action scenes were still pretty crap though...

Don't Look Up was pretty good satire, sort of Dr Strangelove for today's world. Could have worked aa well or better with a shorter edit though.

Just watched it and yes it is good indeed. I wonder tho, what's the meanings of the choppy frames near the ending. Or Netflix was bugged hahahah

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City

Yet to see it myself. BUT...

Do you wanna know something?

Capcom will NOT ever stop going back to Raccoon City. It seems like they are content to keep doing remakes, garbage spin off titles, movies, and streaming shows all about what occurred in 1998. But it proves they cannot take the series forward beyond these first person games with Ethan Winters.

Like, with the way they churn out the same stuff, you would honestly start to believe that's the only city or region they can use more than any others - despite being nuked in the original RE3's endings. Although the games have included places such as Africa, Europe, and Antarctica.

Last edited:
Titane... What a very strange amazing movie. I loved Raw, the first movie by the director. I have no idea what to compare this movie to or how to explain anything in it. A very surreal ride. It won the Palme d'Or at Cannes.

Kudos to the lead actor's performance, being able to pull off such a disturbed character and the bodywork so well. The "Dad" was also really well performed.

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City

Yet to see it myself. BUT...

Do you wanna know something?

Capcom will NOT ever stop going back to Raccoon City. It seems like they are content to keep doing remakes, garbage spin off titles, movies, and streaming shows all about what occurred in 1998. But it proves they cannot take the series forward beyond these first person games with Ethan Winters.

Like, with the way they churn out the same stuff, you would honestly start to believe that's the only city or region they can use more than any others - despite being nuked in the original RE3's endings. Although the games have included places such as Africa, Europe, and Antarctica.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=r...MS4wLjGYAQCgAQGwARU&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp

Regards, from thesaunderschild.

I've seen it and was pleasantly surprised. I had nothing to do so I streamed it thinking it was more of the same. Its not. It the best RE movie, I've ever watched by a country mile.

Its has a 80s Horror/Stranger Things feel and look about it. Its more horror survival and less sci-fi/actiony than the older films.

Last edited:
The other night I started to watch Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (2021). I fell asleep about 40 minutes into it. I'm not bothering to go back to finish watching it. It was absolute garbage.

The other night I started to watch Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (2021). I fell asleep about 40 minutes into it. I'm not bothering to go back to finish watching it. It was absolute garbage.

Wow, this happened to me as well. I found the movie completely underwhelming.

Dune was great. Loved it and saw it twice. Denis made some hard parallels to spice being oil and Arakis being the Middle East. Fremen being the local natives, and the language is not far removed from Arabic; essentially Fremen felt like space muslims.

Don't look up was good, a punch to the gut really. Hard not to feel that one about climate change.

Matrix Resurrections was great in the sense if you were a Matrix fanboy, yes. This comes across as a hard remake of the original matrix but instead of subtlety telling you it's about the trans experience, it's fairly in your face about it. So if you didn't get it back then, try this one again. The questions around what is the matrix, the illusion of choice, what is binary, what is non binary, etc all hinted at in the past and are all put forward again (really into your face). And hopefully after watching this movie, and thinking back, you'll be able to answer these questions fairly easily (don't want to spoil it if you want to figure it out)? if you come from the perspective of the Wachoskis who made this film.

Overall I'm appreciative of movies with messaging in all 3 here.

Dune was great. Loved it and saw it twice. Denis made some hard parallels to spice being oil and Arakis being the Middle East. Fremen being the local natives, and the language is not far removed from Arabic; essentially Fremen felt like space muslims.

Not sure why you credit this emphasis to Villeneuve rather than, oh I don't know what the whole book was about courtesy of the author. Suppression of indigenous peoples and the exploitation of their lands driven by lust for control of a precious resource, and the economic and political power that flows from the possession of it is hardly new and not specific to oil. It more or less defines most of recorded human history.

Oil is obviously a current hot-button issue, though not the only one. Maybe it makes it more accessible to some folks, but if that was his intent (and I'm not sure it was) then I don't think it's particularly deep.

Not sure why you credit this emphasis to Villeneuve rather than, oh I don't know what the whole book was about courtesy of the author. Suppression of indigenous peoples and the exploitation of their lands driven by lust for control of a precious resource, and the economic and political power that flows from the possession of it is hardly new and not specific to oil. It more or less defines most of recorded human history.

Oil is obviously a current hot-button issue, though not the only one. Maybe it makes it more accessible to some folks, but if that was his intent (and I'm not sure it was) then I don't think it's particularly deep.
I mean dune itself. Lol. Sorry. I guess he made it clear for those that couldn’t put 2 and 2 together. Some folks get so caught up with action, CG, cinematography, sequences that they sort of miss the bigger picture.

It doesn’t need to be particularly deep to be note worthy. Not everyone that has watched Dune read Dune. Being able to take away those messages are important.

Last edited:
Back