Guess The Next-Generation Antialiasing

I bet the screen is captured on NV40,both painkiller and ut3004 are TWIMTB game,in addition,I get a reply from a nvidia PR confirm NV40 is coming:

"We are having a launch in Beijing.
We will invite you to our launch."

I m sure at CeBIT Nvidia will unveil some interesting stuff,the official release day is April 13.

It's definitely not July. Period. End of story. Quack. You will see cards in retail during May.

The FPS count on that particular shot or scene will be very misleading, IMO. If you really want to impress me, go to level 2 and get a screenshot of a couple dozen sword-swingers swarming (say that 10 times fast :LOL: ) at you with an FPS number attached to it.

And that's got to be an NV4x derivitive because ATI is not so foolish as to tip their hand like that (or at least I'd hope not :)).

The Hype is starting already...just to keep everything is perspective
A trip down memory lane:

3Dmark 2001
nv30_3Dmark.gif

Quake 3
nv30_quakeIII.gif

Best for last, NV30 Pixel Shader power :LOL:
nv30_pixelshader.gif
<---
nuts.gif

Whatever...

Miksu said:
It's fun to see some "leaks". Though it would be nice to see something new about the R420 too.

I think the next new thing you'll be seeing about the R420 is the card itself, and it ain't that far away now. 8)

how can they say the 3rd pic is "without a doubt" a rv380? is there something on the card itself that id's it??

later,
epic

Rookie said:
I bet the screen is captured on NV40,both painkiller and ut3004 are TWIMTB game,in addition,I get a reply from a nvidia PR confirm NV40 is coming:

I m sure at CeBIT Nvidia will unveil some interesting stuff,the official release day is April 13.

Errr,are you a Chinese? I ask the question because I'm a Chinese myself and beijing is where I'm living in at present. :LOL: Also, nVIDIA is not likely to tell you sth irrelevant to your residence. ;)

edit: I know who you are,mydrivers boy.

epicstruggle said:
how can they say the 3rd pic is "without a doubt" a rv380? is there something on the card itself that id's it??

It is a lower end PCI-E card. any other guesses?

vb said:
epicstruggle said:

It is a lower end PCI-E card. any other guesses?

RV290... (kidding ;)) aka Radeon 9290 or 9200PE... :LOL:

991060,yes,u r so smart,just like your code ablity,obviously I ll be in Beijing at april.maybe at then we can meet eachother. ;)

a question,why is named 991060?oh,it's your birthday!? :oops: I m just so smart as u.

991060 said:
Rookie said:

Errr,are you a Chinese? I ask the question because I'm a Chinese myself and beijing is where I'm living in at present. :LOL: Also, nVIDIA is not likely to tell you sth irrelevant to your residence. ;)

After having struggled with my kid to gain control of playing time with my new PS2, I just wanted to ask this about the pic :

The pic has AA?

Reverend said:
After having struggled with my kid to gain control of playing time with my new PS2, I just wanted to ask this about the pic :

The pic has AA?

Yes, the linked pic does have AA. :p

Rookie said:
991060,yes,u r so smart,just like your code ablity,obviously I ll be in Beijing at april.maybe at then we can meet eachother. ;)

a question,why is named 991060?oh,it's your birthday!? :oops: I m just so smart as u.

991060 said:
Rookie said:

991060,3-year-old baby?

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
That's a really terrible picture. Very dark, little contrast, no direct 0 or 90 degree angles, very close up with little draw distance. It's been cherry-picked by a PR weenie to show whatever it is they are trying to claim, and because of that is extremely suspect as far as I am concerned. It's like trying to claim a high frame rate by having your character face a wall, and probably means the AA "displayed" here is nowhere near as good as they are trying to claim in the real world. :rolleyes:

Wait, if the shot is terrible because it shows nothing, what is there for "PR weenie" to show? Wouldn't it be in the interests of "PR weenie" to present a better picture?

Back