CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

OH MY GOD!!!!

Cyberpunk 2077 is really great! I think this is the only sandbox game where it allows

• exploiting the map freely. No invisible wall, no stupid "out of mission area", no bullshit. The world is yours to take advantage of.
  • continuing a quest WITHOUT a proper quest step. So for example you are supposed to investigate "B's hideout" by asking around on X Y and Z. But if you directly go to B's hideout, the game works fine! the quest ends just fine!
Sure all of this could be due to their "laziness" with the sparse quest flags, where quests only have "end" flags that matter, no proper "quest zone" defined, etc. But its really awesome to play a game like this. In most games you must in the mission area (and god forbid, you try to exploit the terrain/level design, you'll be greeted with invisible wall/death barrier/turn back zone), you must do the quest steps as indicated.

CDPR should not rush the console release. People really missed a great game!

EDIT: Cyberpunk 2077 is like rising the freedom of engagement of Metal Gear Solid V to the next level!

EDIT2: oh! i also looooooove the smart pistol!. Sure its not as snazzy as Titanfall's, as it only can target 1 enemy, but its auto-aim is really fun!
I've seen a few invisible walls. Only a few in the city, and some outside. They are less there to stop you from getting to some place easily (like most games use them) and more to prevent you from getting stuck somewhere you can't get out from. Although, I've found a few of those as well. But I would say there are considerably less than normal, and the ones that are there are for the right reasons.

Also, I put 140 hours into my first playthrough and didn't use a smart weapon at all. Started a new run, found a smart sniper rifle... Holy crap, it crazy fun to fire a bullet through a small opening and have it headshot a guy hiding behind cover.

Whats the state of the PS5 and series X versions?
Are their seperate versions released or do the onwers of new consoles buy hard copies of the older gen consoles and just get a minor patch?

Whats the state of the PS5 and series X versions?
Are their seperate versions released or do the onwers of new consoles buy hard copies of the older gen consoles and just get a minor patch?

Neither exists yet. They're both mostly running last-gen versions but with some dynamic items so you get some better performance or graphics.

On Xbox eccosystem the game will support Intelligent Delivery so if you bought the game on Xbox you will get the best version available for your hardware including current-gen Series X or Series S versions when that version is released.

No idea how they're handling it on the PlayStation eccosystem.

don't know if it was a bug or on purpose, but i went full throttle in a quadra 66 on the street, and was overtaking another quadra 66 which then went full throttle too like it wanted to race me.

You've probably awaken the Alpha code for NCP AI in this game! It's all there, just waits to be enabled once they are sure it wont kill us all like Skynet tried, better dumb than sorry when comes to game AI ;)

Neither exists yet. They're both mostly running last-gen versions but with some dynamic items so you get some better performance or graphics.

On Xbox eccosystem the game will support Intelligent Delivery so if you bought the game on Xbox you will get the best version available for your hardware including current-gen Series X or Series S versions when that version is released.

No idea how they're handling it on the PlayStation eccosystem.

I think it's pretty much the same from what I can tell. I've purchased cross-gen games and the PS5 (annoyingly) downloads both versions.

...that might have changed with a recent update though, as it didn't do it when I purchased Cold War...

PS4 and PS5 games have different executables. I don't think that's the case on Xbox?

I think it's pretty much the same from what I can tell. I've purchased cross-gen games and the PS5 (annoyingly) downloads both versions.

...that might have changed with a recent update though, as it didn't do it when I purchased Cold War...

PS4 and PS5 games have different executables. I don't think that's the case on Xbox?

Someone said you need to press the three dots button

The audio in this game really is something amazing and Atmos takes it to another level. I just now sat on a balcony in one of the towers in a mission just listening to the wind ... blow around me in 3D. It's so subtle, yet makes it feel like I'm actually there. I can almost feel the breeze on my skin just from the audio. It's really quite an accomplishment.

And the lighting. OMG, it's so gorgeous and I'm on a potato 1070. With how much time I have available to play games, it's likely to take me 2 years or more to finish this game ... and I don't even mind. I'm looking forward to it.

Amazing game.

Regards,
SB

Does the atmos works with PS5 virtual surround or whatever it was called?

I mean he one they made for stereo TV and earphones

How about thru their own proprietary solution? Does the audio still have good positions + sense of presence?

IIRC cerny have slides about that but requires you to send a photo of your ears to Sony. Or it was scrapped?

How about thru their own proprietary solution? Does the audio still have good positions + sense of presence?

IIRC cerny have slides about that but requires you to send a photo of your ears to Sony. Or it was scrapped?

Their own proprietary solution will be able to at least match Atmos. But the PS5 is currently still just running the PS4 Pro version of this game, albeit with dialled up settings, so its audio will be limited to the audio solutions available to the PS4 Pro. As far as I'm aware, that doesn't include Atmos.

Yet another reason that I'm waiting for the new generation patch before I start playing. And why I keep popping into this thread in the hopes that someone has some news!

So I popped this into my Pro last night after dithering since launch. I figured it couldn’t be that bad after a few patches. I start nomad, climb the comms tower, then decide to walk around the starting few blocks. There’s a guy stuck kneeling a foot off the ground in the middle of the road near the sheriff. I forget about him after some more wandering and run him over (I don’t know if my car was blocking my view of him or I was looking at something else) as I peel out of there to see Jackie. I get the police warning, turn right into the desert, and get reset after driving out of bounds. I don’t know if that reset the police chase or if I had already lost it, given the noted AI problems.

Oh, did I mention the constant stick drift that started as soon as I checked the options and hasn’t stopped even after setting inner deadzone to 25% with two (v2, I think) controllers? It’s a miracle I can drive straight in Gran Turismo. Reddit says the solution is to plug in my controller. Um, no (not that modern game text size supports sitting that far back from my TV), but how has this survived several patches?

As for the white van ambush that’s in all the papers YouTube framerate tests... well, at least I get the van. I can’t see anyone hanging out the doors shooting me or even driving. It’s just a white van that’s driving slightly worse than people did in the early months of lockdown. Good thing it’s scripted to crash into the building because my aim was horrendous.

At the end of the next mission, Jackie drives me home. We stop at a (green) light to see the special forces hovership in to take down the carjackers in the middle of the intersection. I’m trying to figure out the source of the red light that’s glowing through his arm when he gestures past the steering wheel toward the action. He turns into what looks like a normal street and then my parking garage (and the rest of the building) materialize as he’s driving into it. It’s the first time I’ve used the video capture on my PS4, just to confirm I wasn’t imagining things.

I believe that if any company will set this right, it’s CDPR, and they’ve certainly made enough with the launch to afford to, but how long will it take?

I've been playing the pc version and have kind of parked myself just past the end of act 1. Amazing looking game with a 3080, but I think I'll wait till they fix up a few more things before I carry on playing . There's a lot of niggly little issues with regards to quests and path finding and so on. I do think they'll fix it up given time (at least on PC and the new consoles) but it will be interesting to see what the longer term effect on the game will be, especially for any dlc they have planned.

I started A2 yesterday havent had too many bugs. Crashed once, saw a guy glitch through the floor couple days ago. I mean whatever it's still a good game.

The shooting and stuff really isnt too shabby for a rpg. The shotguns and pistols feel really good.

So I popped this into my Pro last night after dithering since launch. I figured it couldn’t be that bad after a few patches. I start nomad, climb the comms tower, then decide to walk around the starting few blocks. There’s a guy stuck kneeling a foot off the ground in the middle of the road near the sheriff. I forget about him after some more wandering and run him over (I don’t know if my car was blocking my view of him or I was looking at something else) as I peel out of there to see Jackie.
Good to know they've not fixed the bug I had on launch day.

I believe that if any company will set this right, it’s CDPR, and they’ve certainly made enough with the launch to afford to, but how long will it take?

I feel he same. I was a good 30-40 hours in and after the last patch, the cars were just glitching so badly - as in disappearing and re-appearing at varying distances, I decided to just park the game for a while despite the fact I was really enjoying it. On PS5 at least, the frame rate is solid but the random crashes and empty city really do hurt the experience.

Ironically I leapt straight into another playthrough of Fallout 4 and while we all like to joke about how janky Bethesda's RPGs, even with mods like tougher vertibirds, extra weapons, extra effects and Tales from the Commonwealth, that game is solid.

The shooting and stuff really isnt too shabby for a rpg. The shotguns and pistols feel really good.

I found the trick is to find a weapon that handles how you like. I wasn't a big fan of the weapons in the early game but then I stumbled across a few that feel really good. I really do not like the driving though, which is a real shame. The cars just do not feel connected to the roads.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really do not like the driving though, which is a real shame. The cars just do not feel connected to the roads.

There are various mods which attempt to address this. I can't speak to their success as I've not properly started the game yet.

Back