CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

That building skyline makes me remember how a wasted opportunity the verticality is...

Very few campaign mission utilized it. Side missions basically become broken easy when using verticality.

The flying cars also cannot be used :(

I just glad they didn't put arbitrary invisible wall and kill zones like what bungie did in Destiny series tho. It was horrendous design decision. Heck one of the mission in forsaken basically looks like the game was teaching you to use vantage point with verticality. Buuuuut nope, invisible wall.

upload_2020-12-26_15-47-10.png upload_2020-12-26_15-48-0.png
Btw I wonder if they should have pulled a Pokémon.

So each life path are different versions of cyberpunk, sold separately.

But instead of doing everything in house, outsource them. Or put 3 sepeparate teams for each life choice.

Cyberpunk 2077 CORPO (by team a) 60 dollars
Cyberpunk 2077 NOMAD (by team b)
Cyberpunk 2077 STREET KID (by team c)

Maximum money, less headache.

Then a year later, sell them as DLCs.

Hmm maybe they already have different teams working on each life paths but then they still doesn't get enough time, so finally they clobbered them together into one....

CDPR are generous with ther DLC
Btw I wonder if they should have pulled a Pokémon.

So each life path are different versions of cyberpunk, sold separately.

But instead of doing everything in house, outsource them. Or put 3 sepeparate teams for each life choice.

Cyberpunk 2077 CORPO (by team a) 60 dollars
Cyberpunk 2077 NOMAD (by team b)
Cyberpunk 2077 STREET KID (by team c)

Maximum money, less headache.

Then a year later, sell them as DLCs.

Hmm maybe they already have different teams working on each life paths but then they still doesn't get enough time, so finally they clobbered them together into one....

CDPR has always been avoiding the "Pay for this DLC".
I just looked at steam on TW3 game, I only paid for the game at release...but I got these DLC's after release for free:

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - BLOOD AND WINE 31. maj 2016
Become professional monster slayer Geralt of Rivia and explore Toussaint, a remote land untouched by war, where you will unravel the horrifying secret behind a beast terrorizing the kingdom.

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - HEARTS OF STONE 13. okt. 2015
Become Geralt of Rivia, a professional monster slayer hired to defeat a man who possesses the power of immortality. The Expansion packs over 10 hours of new adventures, characters, monsters, romance, and a brand new storyline shaped by your choices.

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - NEW GAME + 17. aug. 2015
Hungry for more action? Start a new game with all the skills and items from your previous playthrough, get better loot, slay even more ferocious beasts and relive the epic fantasy adventure that is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - NEW FINISHER ANIMATIONS 22. juli 2015
Slay your foes in new brutal and spectacular ways with this visceral and adrenaline-pumping DLC!

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - ALTERNATIVE LOOK FOR CIRI 20. juli 2015
Mix things up with this new and finely crafted outfit for Ciri.

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - NEW QUEST 'WHERE THE CAT AND WOLF PLAY...' 1. juli 2015
Explore a forgotten village and discover its terrifying secret. Find out who or what slaughtered its inhabitants and use all your witcher skills to confront this mysterious force.

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - SKELLIGE ARMOR SET 24. juni 2015
Enhanced for the frigid climate of the Skellige Archipelago, this set includes a jacket, gloves, pants, boots and horse tack.

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - NEW QUEST 'CONTRACT: SKELLIGE'S MOST WANTED' 24. juni 2015
A monster hunt like no other — can you survive it?

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - NEW QUEST: 'SCAVENGER HUNT: WOLF SCHOOL GEAR' 17. juni 2015
Adventure awaits! Embark on an epic treasure hunt and get your hands on a long-lost elite set of Wolf School witcher gear!

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - ALTERNATIVE LOOK FOR TRISS 17. juni 2015
Love to play dress up? Now you can with this exclusive new look for Triss Merigold.

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - NEW QUEST 'FOOL'S GOLD' 10. juni 2015
Geralt and a village idiot team up to learn the secret of an abandoned village inhabited entirely by pigs.

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - 'BALLAD HEROES' NEUTRAL GWENT CARD SET 10. juni 2015
Make your Gwent Deck legendary! The "Ballad Heroes" neutral Gwent card set will provide alternative cards capturing characters from Dandelion's ballads in all their glory.

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - ELITE CROSSBOW SET 3. juni 2015
Bring down your enemies with lethal accuracy and extend your tactical possibilities with this elite crossbow DLC.

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - NILFGAARDIAN ARMOR SET 3. juni 2015
Crafted from the finest materials available, the Nilfgaardian Armor Set includes a jacket, gloves, pants, boots and horse tack.

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - ALTERNATIVE LOOK FOR YENNEFER 27. maj 2015
Check out this entirely new look for the mighty sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg!

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - NEW QUEST 'CONTRACT: MISSING MINERS' 27. maj 2015
Miners from a small Skellige village are disappearing. Investigate and find out what's happening!

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - TEMERIAN ARMOR SET 19. maj 2015
Reserved for the finest of warriors serving the kingdom of Temeria, the Temerian Armor Set includes a jacket, gloves, pants, boots and horse tack.

THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT - BEARD AND HAIRSTYLE SET 19. maj 2015
Customize Geralt of Rivia to your liking with this amazing set of beards and hairstyles.

That game me ~226 hours of fun in-game:
upload_2020-12-26_15-48-0.png

CB2077 is going to net me more already I can see:
upload_2020-12-26_15-47-10.png

And they did say there will be a DLC for CB2077, there will be multiplayer added...and going by their track record...a ton more will come.

Aww so cute!~~~~

Johnny is shy~~~~~~

awwwwww

photomode_26122020_220132 (Medium).jpg

EDIT:

btw they need to put different graphics option for photo mode. I switch back and forth between high+RTX ON for photo mode and med+high+RTX OFF for gameplay.

not a deal breaker. but cumbersome.

EDIT2

Johnny: awww pleaseeee don't reject my looooooove~~~ I CANT LIVE WITHOUT YOUUU

photomode_26122020_220845 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Of those 3 claims, only #2 (Sony Delisting the game) is objectively true. Isn't the split something like 60/40 in favor of PC. How can you have a majority players have an unplayable game if a majority of players bought it on the platform that is one only one considered playable by the majority consensus. And CDPR showed off PS4 Pro and Xbox One X gameplay, those are last gen systems.

Aww so cute!~~~~

Johnny is shy~~~~~~

awwwwww

View attachment 5193

EDIT:

btw they need to put different graphics option for photo mode. I switch back and forth between high+RTX ON for photo mode and med+high+RTX OFF for gameplay.

not a deal breaker. but cumbersome.

EDIT2

Johnny: awww pleaseeee don't reject my looooooove~~~ I CANT LIVE WITHOUT YOUUU

View attachment 5194

btw this makes me realize that ray tracing actually makes faces looks waaaaaaaaaay better. More natural, less plasticky, less ugly

btw this makes me realize that ray tracing actually makes faces looks waaaaaaaaaay better. More natural, less plasticky, less ugly

Lighting is important if you want to mimick the real world.
So is audio.

After DXR, I want developers to focus on better sound, I feel we took back a step from hardware accelerated sound around Windows Vista and it has never recovered fully still.

The hardware acceleration from the ancient sound cards is a tiny blip of effort from a modern CPU.

Last edited:
Of those 3 claims, only #2 (Sony Delisting the game) is objectively true. Isn't the split something like 60/40 in favor of PC. How can you have a majority players have an unplayable game if a majority of players bought it on the platform that is one only one considered playable by the majority consensus. And CDPR showed off PS4 Pro and Xbox One X gameplay, those are last gen systems.

They were asked by an investor during a conference call the state of base PS4 and Xbox One version not the midgen version and they said they looks good. They lied to an investor, this is a huge fault.

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/11/transcript-en-q3-2020-1.pdf

Q2: Good evening. The first question – could you update us on what the percentage ratio will be between digital and physical for December, the quarter and also the other quarters after that? If you could give us a feel, that would be helpful. The second question is on multiplayer – do you think that’s still coming in 2022, and regarding the monetization level – would you say the game is going to be on the same level as peers’ online games, or do you think it’s going to be below, or significantly below, in terms of monetization, to keep the gamers happy. And the last question concerns PS4 – I think it’s been said that maybe it wasn’t working quite as well on PS4; have we seen any gameplay on PS4? Could you give us a bit of an update on how it performs on PS4?

AK: I’ll take the second and the third. Regarding multiplayer, we haven’t announced any dates, and it’s not the best moment to talk about any business model for multiplayer – even though we have discussed it before, but to avoid any fuss in our gaming community; I would prefer to skip it. We’ll share our thoughts next year as we update our strategy – this will happen in Q1 of the next year, after we release Cyberpunk – that will be the right moment to discuss the key aspects of future releases. As for PS4 – yesterday we released gameplay trailers both on PS4 and PS5, so you can see the difference. Of course, PS5 is great, but PS4 is still very good. We had those extra 3 weeks and we achieved a lot within this final stretch, so we believe the game performs great on every platform. Q3: I understand your point about not wishing to distract

And they showed PS4 Pro but not PS4 version running as shit. They hide the game from reviewer and after they talk without any agreement of refund.

Last edited:
I haven't been in the loop on console performance, but did the PS4 version initially run poorly at the lowest graphical settings?

The PS4 runs in the 20's sometimes worst and I see some XB1 footage running at 10 fps or less but this is not the real problem.

1. The worst they lied to investors and shareholders about PS4 and XB1 version. I don't understand how any competent CEO or executives can do this. Executives can lie or hide the truth to consumer but never lie to shareholder.

2. They hide to the reviewer and consumer the PS4 and XB1 version.

3. They throw Sony and MS under the bus with the refund without any agreement. Sony was unhappy and gives refund and delisted the game until it will work much better on PS4 and maybe the PS5 version.

4. At the end they told the truth to investor and shareholder. And some decided to do a class action against them.

Cd Projekt founders don't have the majority of share if the shareholder decide they need to change the management. They can all be demoted from being executives and only stay on the creative side or quit the company.

The CEO of CDProjekt is the game director of Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:
The hardware acceleration from the ancient sound cards is a tiny blip of effort from a modern CPU.

Still doesn't changed that the 3D positioning in games is not up to like BF2 with EAX 5.0 in a 7.1 setup today.
I hit the floor the first I got the "pop-crackle" sound of a close passing bullet in that game, my brain triggered my trained response and I was lying on the floor...feeling stupid (Veteran, so that sound is buried deep in my mind :runaway:).

I think ARMA3 comes close at time...but only close.

There are certainly things happening with audio in the VR space where it's especially exciting/beneficial.

Cyberpunk's audio is pretty exciting I think. I play on a 5.1 home theater setup there.

Atmos and headphones. I find it more immersive with a good pair of headphones.

What about Doom 64?

They were asked by an investor during a conference call the state of base PS4 and Xbox One version not the midgen version and they said they looks good. They lied to an investor, this is a huge fault.

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/11/transcript-en-q3-2020-1.pdf

And they showed PS4 Pro but not PS4 version running as shit. They hide the game from reviewer and after they talk without any agreement of refund.
I qualified my statement, it was about objective truth, and only about the 3 points in the tweet. Did they lie to investors? I guess I would have to reread the text from the investor call, but I remember it going something like "How's the XB1/PS4 version" and the answer being "better than expected", which would only be false if you expected it to be good.
Objectively, PC sales were the majority, and only the base console version is categorically unplayable.
Objectively, they did show last gen versions of the game before launch in the form of PS4pro and Xbox One X footage.
Only the delisting/refund debacle is objectively true. I'm not saying that it was right, what they did. But in courts, you have to have truth in your statements and accusations.

Back